This full-time position is a part of the IGG Canada UA Video Team, creating marketing content for IGG stable of hit games. As a 3D Generalist, you will take existing game models and concepts to create scenes for our promotional videos. This includes modeling organic and hard-surface objects and texturing with latest techniques. The offer will start as short-term first, and there is possibility to convert to full-time permanent if the performance is outstanding.
This position requires collaborating with discipline leads and other team members to meet deadlines while observing the existing style and technical restraints. Artistic talent, experience, effective communication, and teamwork are essential components of a successful applicant.
• Follow the existing style and assist in asset creation.
• Create high and low polygon 3D scenes/props in Max / Maya / Unity
• Develop a beautiful cohesive layout with 3D assets resulting in an immersive Unity scene.
• Create and modify existing textures with latest techniques (diffuse, normal, specular and emissive) Substance Painter
• Light scenes in Unity
• Create marketing images for Appstore and advertisements (renders, screenshots)
• Setup Cameras in Unity
• Ability to animate with Timeline in Unity
• High proficiency in Maya or 3DS Max and UNITY
• Hand-Painting Skills
• High proficiency in Photoshop and Substance Painter
• Knowledge of lighting techniques
• Proficiency in various shader techniques
• Versatile, flexible, and willing to do what’s needed in a fast-moving environment
• Can work well both independently and closely with other Sr. Artists
• Good verbal communication and teamwork skills
• Basic knowledge of animation in Unity (Timeline)
• Knowledge of cinematography (Framing cameras, color balancing, post-processing)
• Proven track record of art assets on projects that have made it to market
• Interest in pop culture, movies, and games
• Understanding of typography, the basic principles of design, and color theory
• Proven portfolio showing an ability to manage diverse styles
• Familiarity with casual games on iOS and Android platforms
• Previous experience with the development and shipment of AAA titles
• Proficiency in various shader techniques including light mapping, ambient occlusion, specular.
• Experience creating real-time visual effects and particle systems
• Unity scripting
position type: permanent or others to be discussed
Compensation Package for permanent employees:
- Comprehensive benefits after 3 months including extended health and dental.
- Paid Vacation + paid Sick days: 18 days (accumulated and based on percentage earning)
- Active Living Benefits (such as Fitness Memberships, Registration fees for team sports reimbursement) after 3 months
- Training and development fee reimbursement after 3 months
- Dependent Child Benefit
- Paid Holiday Closure
- RRSP matching after 1 year
- Perks for permanent employees:
- On-site car and Bike Parking
- Monthly Transit Allowance after 3 months
- Work hours: 10 am to 6 pm with 1 hour paid lunch.
- Dresscode: Casual
- Child Gift
- Lots of snacks, drinks available
- Monthly Team lunch
- Referral Bonus
This job has to work on-site.
Please apply through: https://igg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=123
About IGG Canada
IGG Canada is a premium mobile game and video production studio located at 5 East 8th Ave. Vancouver, Canada. With spectacular views of the downtown skyline, coastal mountains and English Bay, our new studio is spacious, high-tech and inspiring.
IGG Canada is a division of IGG - I Got Games, a global interactive digital entertainment company that specializes in the development of and operation of Mobile Games. Established in 2006, IGG was founded with the aim of becoming a leading massively multiplayer game publisher and developer. The company has rapidly expanded its global operations, through strategic partnerships with popular gaming platforms such as Facebook, iOS, Amazon, Google Play, Kongregate and many others. IGG currently operates studios in China, Philippines, Singapore, the U.S. and Canada which opened its doors in 2013.
If you're passionate about creating mobile games that reach millions of players around the world and are interested in becoming an integral member of our Canadian team of superheroes, we want to hear from you!