Lead Technical Animator (Shot Finaling)
– Advanced animation and modeling skills
– Advanced knowledge on Maya nDynamics. Action shots with multi-layered cloth, displaying understanding of cloth collisions and nucleus attributes
– Experience leading a team and training new hires.
– Comfortable delegating tasks
– Responsible for the hardest cloth shots on the team
– Good understanding of Icon’s rig systems, being able to add cloth systems in specific shots
– Comfortable with hand animating hair and cloth when needed
– Understanding of modeling for topology fixing and UV mapping
– Basic Arnold knowledge
– Intermediate to advanced Python knowledge, able to understand errors and edit parameters for error fixing
ICON Creative Studio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
*Ask us about our generous benefits program.
About ICON Creative Studio
ICON Creative Studio is Canada’s largest independently owned animation entertainment company located in the historic Gastown district of Vancouver, BC Canada with design, storyboarding, modeling, rigging, animation, technical finaling, lighting, visual effects, and compositing artists alongside creative and management teams.
Known for our quality, efficiency, and timely deliveries, ICON has partnered alongside distributors, broadcasters, and streaming platforms around the world to help create, realize and produce noteworthy content.
ICON operates from a holistic philosophy that leverages individual skill sets to maximize production efficiency on the floor while maintaining an optimal balance of creativity and quality on-screen.
Work remotely (anywhere in BC) or in studio
Why work at ICON?
At ICON we constantly invest in raising the bar of our productions and fostering our people. If you are passionate about animation and enjoy sharing success with others, we'd like to hear from you!
Join the fastest growing CG Animation studio in Vancouver
Work on top feature and episodic CG franchises for leading streaming platforms (Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+, Amazon, Peacock, Paramount+ etc.)
Work with a diverse group of artists from all over the world who have come to BC to join our expanding studio
Use all of the latest tools and softwares
We uphold a premium standard of quality across all of our productions by putting all of our resources up on screen
We hire for the long term and give artists the opportunity to grow, get promoted and take on as much responsibility as they can manage
We offer flexibility and autonomy
We facilitate requests in a timely manner
We support PR applications
We offer direct deposit
We offer a generous benefits package