- Proficiency in Maya, Nuke, and Arnold
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail through various stages of the pipeline
- Communicate with other departments to resolve technical issues
- Look development, key compositing, and thorough vetting of CG assets
- Ensures work translates cleanly across all artists/shots with the goal of streamlining workflow
- Assists team members with technical shot/sequence/continuity issues
- Works with Head of Compositing and Art Director to maintain artistic quality of the show
- Comfortable in overtime scenarios and willing to take on difficult work during deadlines and the final push
- Distributes workloads among team members and maintain work balance across the team
- Documents workflow and provides as a resource for the team
- Actively trains new employees and helps assist Juniors on the Team
- Creates new templates for sets and characters
- Works closely with the Art Director and Supervisors to achieve a high level of visual qualify on developing looks
Assists with asset finaling (turnarounds for characters and set renders)
Assists the team with Compositing issues as they arise
Works with pipeline to fix any technical issues
Constantly communicates with production
ICON Creative Studio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
About ICON Creative Studio
Founded in 2013, ICON Creative Studio is Canada’s largest independently owned animation entertainment company located in the historic Gastown district of Vancouver, BC, Canada. With almost 400 design, storyboarding, modelling, rigging, animation, technical animation, lighting, visual effects, and compositing artists alongside creative and management teams.
We are looking for Intermediate Development Animators (NOC 5241) to join our team in Suite 200 – 341 Water Street in Vancouver.