– Organization and great communication skills: The supervisor is sharing the responsible with Technical Animation Supervisor for tracking the schedule properly so we achieve all our deliveries; also must communicate with all our departments to assure shots are ready for the next department.
– Moderate knowledge about animation: If there is no Technical Animation Supervisor has been assigned to the project, or the Technical Animator Supervisor is sick, the CFX supervisor is responsible for reviewing shots before they render and must be able to see crashes and errors to be corrected by shot finaling artists.
– Expert knowledge about Maya simualtion. The CFX Supervisor is responsible for creating the nCloth / nHair setup system that we are using within ICON. They also need to delegate tasks to their team members and make sure the initial ncloth rig is good to use for other technical animators / shot finalists. They should also be able to fix any bugs in the systems created.
– Team and Task management. The CFX Supervisor is responsible to look through the future episodes and calling the asset that will need attention and extra dev time. The CFX supervisor should manage his or her team member’s workload and assign different tasks when needed. All the ncloth setup rigs need to be reviewed by the CFX supervisor before they can be pushed to tech anim / shot final artist. The CFX Supervisor also needs to take responsibility to update the CFX rig to match to the latest Rig update.
– Extra Task: Currently, the CFX Supervisor needs to take responsibility for crowd managing and publishing. The CFX Supervisor also needs to take responsibility for giving simulation related feedback and doing a quick simulation for animation director.
About ICON Creative Studio
ICON Creative Studio is Canada’s largest independently owned animation entertainment company located in the historic Gastown district of Vancouver, BC Canada with design, storyboarding, modeling, rigging, animation, technical finaling, lighting, visual effects, and compositing artists alongside creative and management teams.
Known for our quality, efficiency, and timely deliveries, ICON has partnered alongside distributors, broadcasters, and streaming platforms around the world to help create, realize and produce noteworthy content.
ICON operates from a holistic philosophy that leverages individual skill sets to maximize production efficiency on the floor while maintaining an optimal balance of creativity and quality on-screen.
Work remotely (anywhere in BC) or in studio
Why work at ICON?
At ICON we constantly invest in raising the bar of our productions and fostering our people. If you are passionate about animation and enjoy sharing success with others, we'd like to hear from you!
Join the fastest growing CG Animation studio in Vancouver
Work on top feature and episodic CG franchises for leading streaming platforms (Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+, Amazon, Peacock, Paramount+ etc.)
Work with a diverse group of artists from all over the world who have come to BC to join our expanding studio
Use all of the latest tools and softwares
We uphold a premium standard of quality across all of our productions by putting all of our resources up on screen
We hire for the long term and give artists the opportunity to grow, get promoted and take on as much responsibility as they can manage
We offer flexibility and autonomy
We facilitate requests in a timely manner
We support PR applications
We offer direct deposit
We offer a generous benefits package