Senior Development Animators are vital to the development of characters in the creation process. They are expected to consistently produce at the quality and output level determined by their production.
General duties that most artists in this occupation, in our studio are doing:
Get client feedback on the graphic elements they are showcasing as a final composited image, as well as at each stage prior to the final render
Determine the suited means to produce the desired visual effect and the appropriate method of communication
Determine which graphic elements are used to produce the final image
Use image processing, multimedia software, layout and drawing software to produce our final image
Help guide the company on the timeline required to complete the tasks
Use photograph and illustrated references to produce our final images
Establish guidelines for the company’s final images
Coordinate audio visuals
Work in a multidisciplinary environment
Use computer-assisted drawing, modelling, animation, and compositing software to produce final imagery. The imagery is used for printed marketing on each production.
Provide 3D animated computer illustrations
The company’s shows are based on adapting existing graphic illustrations into 3D animated content.
Below are specific duties of a Senior Development Animator working in our studio
· Help establish show look and drive personality for new characters
· Create unique, high quality, character specific cycles that will be used in production. Cycles must be highly polished and demonstrate a strong understanding of body mechanics and physics.
· Build studio library poses that highlight each character and their personality. (Hand poses, Facial expressions, Full body poses, unique moves/transitions/mounts/dismounts, etc.)
· Build crowd systems and accompanying animation
· Watch animatics in advance to identify and create episode specific animation
· Work closely with the rigging team to ensure all rigs are consistent both in quality, and naming convention. This requires regular testing and feedback on all rigs.
· Work closely with the Animation Directors and Series Supervisor to ensure your work is meeting their needs, as well as the clients.
Assist with scene set up for highly complex sequences
The ideal candidate will have:
2+ years work experience in 3D animation using MAYA in a series or film production.
A strong background as a Mid and/or Senior Animator
Have experience animating in various styles (Cartoony, Realism, Action, Acting, etc.)
Quadruped experience recommended
Comfortable with filming reference footage and applying that reference to your animation correctly.
Ability to work within an established pipeline and learn to use custom tools
Ability to understand and interpret storyboards, and feedback from clients, directors and supervisors.
Must possess strong time management skills
Can work well both independently and on a team and communicate concerns professionally and effectively.
Game experience/cycles experience an asset
Term of employment: Full time
Wage: $80,000 – $90,000 annually
If this sounds like you, and you are ready to be a part of the fastest growing studio in Vancouver. We want to hear from you. To apply, please submit a portfolio and a resume, with a cover letter describing your suitability for this position to email@example.com
About ICON Creative Studio
Founded in 2013, ICON Creative Studio is Canada’s largest independently owned animation entertainment company located in the historic Gastown district of Vancouver, BC, Canada. With almost 400 design, storyboarding, modelling, rigging, animation, technical animation, lighting, visual effects, and compositing artists alongside creative and management teams.
We are looking for Intermediate Development Animators (NOC 5241) to join our team in Suite 200 – 341 Water Street in Vancouver.