Junior Lighting and Compositing Artist
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Junior Lighting and Compositing Artists are vital to the finished look in the creation process. A successful Junior Lighter/Compositor aims to be a reliable part of the team by consistently delivering quality shots. They should feel comfortable in sequences of varying complexity and able to provide reasonable solutions to most challenges that they face.
General duties that most artists in this occupation, in our studio are doing:
Get client feedback on the graphic elements they are showcasing as a final composited image, as well as at each stage prior to the final render
Determine the suited means to produce the desired visual effect and the appropriate method of communication
Determine which graphic elements are used to produce the final image
Use image processing, multimedia software, layout and drawing software to produce our final image
Help guide the company on the timeline required to complete the tasks
Use photographs and illustrated references to produce our final images
Establish guidelines for the company’s final images
Work in a multidisciplinary environment
Use computer-assisted drawing, modelling, animation, and compositing software to produce final imagery. The imagery is used for printed marketing on each production.
Provide 3D animated computer illustrations
The company’s shows are based on adapting existing graphic illustrations into 3D animated content.
Below are specific duties of a Junior Lighting Artists working in our studio
· Can model and texture both props, characters and environments and can work to a high level of finish if required
· Able to approach and complete tasks with minimal help
· Establish designs and produce an accurate translation of the design reference saying on the model (in style), follow the design reference accurately and work on a wide range of styles as required
· Have a good understanding of the Studio pipeline including how and why things are done the way they are and the effects that may occur further down the pipeline
· Must be proactive and can solve issues independently
· Must be able to take criticism and follow the direction of their Supervisors and Production
· Ability to Interact and cooperate with other departments to solve technical issues
The ideal candidate will have:
· Knowledge of Maya
· Knowledge of Arnold
· Knowledge of relevant compositing software including Nuke preferred
· Scripting ability in relevant languages including Python highly desirable
· Good communication skills
· Develops solutions and techniques that achieve artistic and technical direction
· Ensures that shots fit the continuity of the sequence
· Achieves quota targets
· Interacts with supervisors/peers for feedback on sequences
· Comfortable in overtime scenarios
· Developing set light rigs
· Light/Render/Composite shots through to approval
· Ability to interact and cooperate with other departments to solve technical issues
Term of employment: Full time
If this sounds like you, and you are ready to be a part of the fastest-growing studio in Vancouver. We want to hear from you. To apply, please submit a portfolio and a resume, with a cover letter describing your suitability for this position to the ad.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 36 months
Salary: $45,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
Extended health care
8 hour shift
Work Location: In person
About ICON Creative Studio
Founded in 2013, ICON Creative Studio is Canada’s largest independently owned animation entertainment company located in the historic Gastown district of Vancouver, BC, Canada. With almost 400 design, storyboarding, modelling, rigging, animation, technical animation, lighting, visual effects, and compositing artists alongside creative and management teams.
We are looking for Intermediate Development Animators (NOC 5241) to join our team in Suite 200 – 341 Water Street in Vancouver.