Intermediate Modeling/Texture Artists are vital to the development of characters in the creation process. They are expected to consistently produce at the quality and output level determined by their production.
General duties that most artists in this occupation, in our studio are doing:
Get client feedback on the graphic elements they are showcasing as a final composited image, as well as at each stage prior to the final render
Determine the suited means to produce the desired visual effect and the appropriate method of communication
Determine which graphic elements are used to produce the final image
Use image processing, multimedia software, layout and drawing software to produce our final image
Help guide the company on the timeline required to complete the tasks
Use photograph and illustrated references to produce our final images
Establish guidelines for the company’s final images
Coordinate audio visuals
Work in a multidisciplinary environment
Use computer-assisted drawing, modelling, animation, and compositing software to produce final imagery. The imagery is used for printed marketing on each production.
Provide 3D animated computer illustrations
The company’s shows are based on adapting existing graphic illustrations into 3D animated content.
Below are specific duties of an Intermediate Modeling/Texture Artists working in our studio
· Can model and texture both props, characters and environments and can work to a high level of finish if required
· Able to approach and complete tasks with minimal help
· Establish designs and produce an accurate translation of the design reference saying on the model (in style), follow the design reference accurately and work on a wide range of styles as required
· Have a good understanding of the Studio pipeline including how and why things are done the way they are and the effects that may occur further down the pipeline
· Must be proactive and can solve issues independently
· Must be able to take criticism and follow the direction of their Supervisors and Production
· Ability to Interact and cooperate with other departments to solve technical issues
The ideal candidate will have:
· Must have a post-secondary education of 1 to 2 years from an Institution or College with a VFX specialization
· Proficiency in Maya
· Must be proficient in relevant software including Photoshop, ZBrush, Mari, Mudbox, Substance Painter, Renderman and Arnold
· 2 to 5 years of CG modeling/texturing experience creating and texturing models in Maya
· More than 2 years of CG modeling/texturing experience required working in an Animation, Gaming or Digital Visual Effects Studio.
· Proficient in building and texturing minor sets or sets with reuse elements
· Able to build and texture simpler to mid-level sets
· Able to build and texture simpler to mid-level characters
· Proficient in building and texturing vehicles
· Scripting ability in relevant languages including Python highly desirable
· Good communication skill
Term of employment: Full time
Wage: $62,000 – $70,000 annually
If this sounds like you, and you are ready to be a part of the fastest growing studio in Vancouver. We want to hear from you. To apply, please submit a portfolio and a resume, with a cover letter describing your suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
About ICON Creative Studio
Founded in 2013, ICON Creative Studio is Canada’s largest independently owned animation entertainment company located in the historic Gastown district of Vancouver, BC, Canada. With almost 400 design, storyboarding, modelling, rigging, animation, technical animation, lighting, visual effects, and compositing artists alongside creative and management teams.
We are looking for Intermediate Development Animators (NOC 5241) to join our team in Suite 200 – 341 Water Street in Vancouver.