Hydraulx is a uniquely designed and operated award-winning visual effects facility based in Santa Monica, California with branches in Vancouver, BC and New Orleans. As a full service visual effects house, Hydraulx has the versatility to provide high quality visual effects regardless of the size or scope of the project.
Hydraulx VFX is working on some high profile projects and is currently looking for a talented Tracking/Matchmove Artist to join our dynamic team at our Vancouver studio.
– Converts background plates to various formats to use with specific software to create digital motion files that match the plate photography. This includes animating any live action character or relative object in the scene.
– Establish character blocking, camera positioning and animate camera movement.
– Provide technical set-up of shots for downstream production departments.
– Models the set geometry used to create the matchmove and environment for Animators and Technical Directors. * Lights, renders and composites files with the background to judge the move
– Maintains an expert level of knowledge about current developments in matchmove tools for computer graphics, especially in areas that relate to the film industry.
– Degree in film, art, communications or related field preferred.
– 2+ years proven production experience in established VFX facility.
– Demonstrated experience in highly technical, dynamic departments is a must.
– Must have experience using relevant tracking software such as 3d Equalizer, Synth Eyes, and Boujou.
Apply by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your resume and demo reels (e.g. student work, personal work or project work)
Please include rate history and availability.
Please ensure there is a detailed description of your work in particular with your demo reel.
* Must be a BC resident, and must be eligible to work in Canada
About Hydraulx VFX Ltd
We hold to two basic tenets: hire the best artists, and keep them armed with the latest tools and technology available.
The result is a highly efficient team of talented artists and consistently groundbreaking work in a broad range of applications. With less of the bureaucracy of larger companies, and a core group of in-house talent (producers, programmers, photographers & designers), we decrease overhead while increasing project flexibility.