Hydraulx is a uniquely designed and operated award-winning visual effects company. As a full service visual effects house, Hydraulx has the versatility to provide high quality visual effects regardless of the size or scope of the project.
About the Role
This role requires a strong balance between in-depth technical programming knowledge and development management. You can see the larger picture. You understand how your code may affect different departments and always work in tandem with other programmers to reach your goal. Communication is key for this role as the company has multiple locations, with some staff members being remote. You are passionate about developing more efficient systems for users and see projects to their completion.
General Duties and Responsibilities
· Write clear, maintainable, portable and highly functional code.
· Work with the production team to ensure that client delivery specifications are met
· Work with the Nuke, Maya , Mari and Houdini teams to maintain existing tools and provide new tools to support their work within the pipeline.
· Work with people at all levels( Owners, Supervisors, and Artists). Ensuring that all parties are kept up-to-date with current projects and issues.
· Research, develop and maintain existing and new pipeline tools.
· Troubleshoot complex production problems in Nuke, Maya, Mari and Houdini with the artists.
Skills and Education Requirements:
· Strong scripting background in C++ and Python(2.7 or higher)
· Background that includes 2+ years of pipeline development experience. With a minimum of 3-5 years CG experience.
· Working knowledge of VFX programs (Maya,Nuke,Mari and Houdini)
· Working knowledge of PyQT and or PySide
· A firm working knowledge of Linux required
· Must have a willingness to learn new tools, proven ability to be detail-oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment
· Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to work under tight deadlines
· Strong written and oral communication skills including excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team environment and take direction
· A creative problem solver who is organized and critical of his or her own work
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Animation, Computer Animation, or related field; or equivalent professional experience
Those interested in the role should send their resume to email@example.com with “Front End Developer/ Pipeline TD” in the subject line.
About Hydraulx VFX Ltd
We hold to two basic tenets: hire the best artists, and keep them armed with the latest tools and technology available.
The result is a highly efficient team of talented artists and consistently groundbreaking work in a broad range of applications. With less of the bureaucracy of larger companies, and a core group of in-house talent (producers, programmers, photographers & designers), we decrease overhead while increasing project flexibility.