Senior Visual Effects Artist (Houdini Ocean Tools)
Hydraulx is a uniquely designed and operated award-winning visual effects facility based in LA, California with branches in Vancouver, BC and New Orleans. As a full service visual effects house, Hydraulx has had the versatility to provide high quality visual effects on such projects as: Stranger Things(2017), X-men: Apocalypse(2017), The Avengers (2012), and Avatar (2009).
The Senior FX Artist will work closely with the FX Supervisor to develop assets and maximize rendering techniques. This role requires someone who has extensive experience with Houdini Ocean tools.
· Develop fluid, particle and volumetric effects
· Troubleshoot FX technical issues
· Work within established pipelines and data structures
· 3+ years of experience in visual effects
· Strong working knowledge of Houdini, VEX, Python, natural phenomena simulations, RDB/Flip/Pyro simulations
· Highly experiences with fluid dynamics and volumetric effects.
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to multi task and meet deadlines
· Programming experience in MEL and/or PYTHON a plus
· Creative problem solver with good attention to detail
· Ability to work as part of a team as well as alone
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and demo reels (e.g. Project work, personal work)
to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include rate history and availability in the body of the email.
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant.
About Hydraulx VFX Ltd
We hold to two basic tenets: hire the best artists, and keep them armed with the latest tools and technology available.
The result is a highly efficient team of talented artists and consistently groundbreaking work in a broad range of applications. With less of the bureaucracy of larger companies, and a core group of in-house talent (producers, programmers, photographers & designers), we decrease overhead while increasing project flexibility.