Hydraulx is a uniquely designed and operated award-winning visual effects facility based in Santa Monica, California with branches in Vancouver, BC and New Orleans. As a full service visual effects house, Hydraulx has the versatility to provide high quality visual effects regardless of the size or scope of the project.
Hydraulx VFX is working on some high profile projects and is currently looking for a talented Senior Look Development/Lighting Artist to join our dynamic team at our Vancouver office immediately!
· Define and establish the look for photo realistic assets/shot/sequence
· Ensure consistency among shots sharing similar assets or lighting rigs in order to preserve continuity
· Work closely with the compositing departments to distribute and maintain shader, texture and FX libraries as well as ensuring consistency and match of look for specific assets/shots/sequences
· Understand modern texturing principles and how they apply to advanced layered shading networks
· Understand high level rendering/shader network construction principles independent of specific renders
· Confidently work with texture artists
· Demonstrate the ability to self sufficiently complete less subjective/simpler assets with minimal input from supervisors
· Solid knowledge of fur rendering and subsurface rendering
· At least 4 years of experience or examples demonstrating equivalent
· Proven lighting skills
· Strong sense of composition, light and color
· Strong knowledge of Maya, Mental Ray, Arnold as well as high level rendering / shader network construction principles independent of specific renderers
· Thorough knowledge of modern texturing principles and how they apply to advanced layered shading networks
· Self sufficient and can complete less subjective/simpler assets with minimal input from supervisors
Apply by Email: email@example.com
· Please submit your resume and demo reels (e.g. student work, personal work or project work), ensure there is a detailed description of your work.
· Please include rate history and availability.
About Hydraulx VFX Ltd
We hold to two basic tenets: hire the best artists, and keep them armed with the latest tools and technology available.
The result is a highly efficient team of talented artists and consistently groundbreaking work in a broad range of applications. With less of the bureaucracy of larger companies, and a core group of in-house talent (producers, programmers, photographers & designers), we decrease overhead while increasing project flexibility.