Hydraulx is a uniquely designed and operated award-winning visual effects facility based in Santa Monica, California with branches in Vancouver, BC and New Orleans. As a full service visual effects house, Hydraulx has the versatility to provide high quality visual effects regardless of the size or scope of the project.
Hydraulx VFX has some high profile creature based projects and is currently looking for a talented Modeler with high level technical skills mixed with strong artistic sensibilities to join our dynamic team at our Vancouver office immediately!
– Create models based on assignments by Supervisor
– Complete work in a timely and efficient manner
– Must be able to take criticism and follow direction of the production
– Must have good organizational skills
– 3+ years of experience creating hard surface models in Maya
– Must be proficient in zBrush and Mari, Mudbox is a plus.
– Must be able to work and communicate well in a team environment
– Must have a basic understanding of Linux
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and demo reels (e.g. Project work, personal work)
Please include rate history and availability in the body of the email.
Please ensure there is a detailed description of your work in particular with your demo reel.
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant.
Vancouver, BC Canada
* Must be a current BC resident, or hold a current work permit.
About Hydraulx VFX Ltd
We hold to two basic tenets: hire the best artists, and keep them armed with the latest tools and technology available.
The result is a highly efficient team of talented artists and consistently groundbreaking work in a broad range of applications. With less of the bureaucracy of larger companies, and a core group of in-house talent (producers, programmers, photographers & designers), we decrease overhead while increasing project flexibility.