Join a well-established VFX company as IT Support Technician for a full-time permanent position. The ideal candidate will be motivated, resolution driven, and have great communication skills. The position is responsible for providing IT support for approximately 80 staff members, resolving technical issues in a timely and efficient manner. The IT Support Technician will also configure new machines, reset passwords, systems monitoring, internal application support, and resolving other technical issues as they arise. The IT Support Technician will report directly to the Director of Network Operations. Job entails some nights and weekend hours
· Administration of Core Linux system (Hardware / Software)
· General Networking knowledge (routing, VLANS, and diagnostics)
· Technical support and general trouble shooting of in-house applications on all platforms
· Knowledge of network services (NIS, DNS, postfix, DHCP, etc)
· General system administration of account set up with AD and mail server
· Storage administration, SAN, NFS, and SMB (cleanup, rsyncs etc)
· License server administration (flexlm and rlm)
· Firewall and Switch configuration when needed
· General I.T. support and maintenance duties
· 2+ years experience in an IT support role. Should have a working knowledge of the Linux/windows/mac OS’s in a production setting.
· Intermediate knowledge with Linux installation and application deployment
· Windows and MacOS application deployment and integration is a plus
· Strong Storage administration preferred (Stornext)
· HP IP and Brocade FC switch configuration, and maintenance
· Knowledge of VoIP and PcoIP Infrastructures preferred
· Experience with relational database applications (mySQL) preferred
· Experience with Nagios and Nagios Reactor, or another monitoring engine
· Experience in projector and monitor calibration a plus
· Experience working in an Animation / VFX production studio preferred
· Some Video Engineering skills (genlock, HD-SDI, and switching)
· HVAC and Data Center design experience is a definite plus
· Knowledge of VFX software (Maya, Flare, Nuke) preferred
· Tape backup administration and maintenance
Above all, the ideal applicant should be a team player with a positive attitude.
Salary negotiable based on experience.
MUST be a BC resident, and be eligible to work in Canada.
Please send your availability & rate info to:
About Hydraulx VFX Ltd
We hold to two basic tenets: hire the best artists, and keep them armed with the latest tools and technology available.
The result is a highly efficient team of talented artists and consistently groundbreaking work in a broad range of applications. With less of the bureaucracy of larger companies, and a core group of in-house talent (producers, programmers, photographers & designers), we decrease overhead while increasing project flexibility.