Hydraulx VFX is currently looking for a talented and experience CG Supervisor to help foster a new dynamic team at our Vancouver office. This is an opportunity for the right person to build and grow a diverse team at an award-winning studio.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Solve intricate creative problems and roll out agile workflows using simple, efficient techniques.
• Develop long-term strategies to automate shot production.
• interpret and facilitate clear client notes to quickly move towards the client’s notes.
• Ability to communicate, creative and technical thoughts and ideas clearly
• Ability to quickly identify bottlenecks and escalates when needed
• Mentors team members and conducts performance evaluations
• Evaluate quality and efficiency of team’s work
• Collaborates with other department managers on dailies, workflow and pipeline strategies.
• Works directly with upper management and other Supervisors
• Minimum 6 years work experience in feature film/broadcast production with a focus on creating photoreal VFX.
• proven track record of delivering shows, developing CG pipelines and leading teams of CG artists. Demonstrated strong technical and leadership capabilities
• Possess in-depth, hands-on knowledge of cutting-edge techniques in CG shot production, including creatures, digital doubles, natural phenomena, destruction and crowds.
• Experience in leading, mentoring and training large teams
• Experience with GPU rendering software such as Redshift and on-set experience
How to apply:
Submit your resume and demo reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Must be a BC resident, and must be eligible to work in Canada