• To create the 2D painted backgrounds required to complete any 3D environments, sets or scenes on the film, while working with the design and modeling departments
• To troubleshoot and use talents to create visually stunning backgrounds which match and marry to the film’s style and 3D requirements, using direction given by Supervisors.
• Introduce innovative ideas through his/her work creating matte paintings for the production, which work with the film’s goals, and in 3D animation.
• Minimum of 1 year of feature film experience (or list comparable work experience).
• High level of technical proficiency in photoshop both in software familiarity and output: retouching, clean plates, image reconstruction, set extension, patches & augmentation, texture projection, etc.
• High level of organization and multiple OS familiarity (MAC/PC) a plus.
• Additional cross-disciplines welcome. Please list any such skills and experience in your resume (3D Modeling, Z-Brush, Architecture, Photography, Traditional Illustration, Graphic Design (Web and/or Print), Typography, Layout, etc.).
• Ability to create matte paintings stylistically and / or photo realistically using 2D and 3D applications.
• Ability to integrate illustration with existing 3D environments.
• Must be able to work quickly, efficiently, and communicate well within a team environment.
• Must be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Demonstrable experience in highly technical, dynamic departments is a must.How to apply:
How to apply:
Please submit your resume.
Please include rate history and availability.
Please ensure there is a detailed description of your work in particular with your demo reel.
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant.
About Hydraulx VFX Ltd
We hold to two basic tenets: hire the best artists, and keep them armed with the latest tools and technology available.
The result is a highly efficient team of talented artists and consistently groundbreaking work in a broad range of applications. With less of the bureaucracy of larger companies, and a core group of in-house talent (producers, programmers, photographers & designers), we decrease overhead while increasing project flexibility.