Hydraulx is a uniquely designed and operated award-winning visual effects company. As a full service visual effects house, Hydraulx has the versatility to provide high quality visual effects regardless of the size or scope of the project.
General Duties and Responsibilities
• Write clear, maintainable, portable and highly functional code.
• Work with the production team to ensure that client delivery specifications are met
• Work with the Nuke, Maya , Mari and Houdini teams to maintain existing tools and provide new tools to support their work.
• Work with Supervisors to further develop our international pipeline
• Research, develop and maintain existing and new pipeline tools.
• Troubleshoot complex production problems in Nuke, Maya, Mari and Houdini with the artists.
Skills and Education Requirements:
• Strong scripting background in C# andd Python(2.7 or higher)
• Background that includes 2+ years of pipeline development experience. With a minimum of 3-5 years CG experience.
• Working knowledge of VFX programs (Maya,Nuke,Mari and Houdini), PHP, SQL , shader
• Working knowledge of PyQT and or PySide
• A firm working knowledge of Linux required
• Must have a willingness to learn new tools, proven ability to be detail-oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment
• Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to work under tight deadlines
• Good written and oral communication skills including strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team environment and take direction
• A creative problem solver who is organized and critical of his or her own work
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Animation, Computer Animation, or related field; or equivalent professional experience
Those interested in the role should send their resume to email@example.com with “Front End Developer/ Pipeline TD” in the subject line.
About Hydraulx VFX Ltd
We hold to two basic tenets: hire the best artists, and keep them armed with the latest tools and technology available.
The result is a highly efficient team of talented artists and consistently groundbreaking work in a broad range of applications. With less of the bureaucracy of larger companies, and a core group of in-house talent (producers, programmers, photographers & designers), we decrease overhead while increasing project flexibility.