Hydraulx VFX is looking for an Experienced Lighting Artist to join our dynamic creative team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
– Create lighting and deliver rendered 3D scenes.
– Advanced understanding of look development and shading processes.
– Effectively economize, manage and troubleshoot rendering issues.
– Ability to work independently and perform render wrangler tasks.
– On-time renders delivery.
– Work closely with both 3D artists and compositors to seamlessly integrate CG elements within live-action plates.
Required Skills and Experience
– 4+ years of previous experience as a 3D artist in a VFX studio.
– Advanced understanding of shading, rendering and look dev.
– Understanding of import/export of Houdini files.
– Ability to organize large 3D files.
– Advanced user of Maya and Mental Ray.
– Nuke knowledge is a plus.
– Expert use of multi pass 3D rendering.
– Scripting knowledge an asset (Python, MEL).
– Linux experience preferred.
– Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve.
Excellent communication skills and a team player spirit.
MUST have flexible schedule, and be willing to work some weekends.
MUST be a BC resident, and be eligible to work in Canada
About Hydraulx VFX Ltd
We hold to two basic tenets: hire the best artists, and keep them armed with the latest tools and technology available.
The result is a highly efficient team of talented artists and consistently groundbreaking work in a broad range of applications. With less of the bureaucracy of larger companies, and a core group of in-house talent (producers, programmers, photographers & designers), we decrease overhead while increasing project flexibility.