• To create the 2D painted backgrounds required to complete any 3D environments, sets or scenes on the film, while working with the design and modeling departments
• To troubleshoot and use talents to create visually stunning backgrounds which match and marry to the film’s style and 3D requirements, using direction given by Supervisors.
• Introduce innovative ideas through his/her work creating matte paintings for the production, which work with the film’s goals, and in 3D animation.
• Minimum of 1 year of feature film experience (or list comparable work experience).
• High level of technical proficiency in photoshop both in software familiarity and output: retouching, clean plates, image reconstruction, set extension, patches & augmentation, texture projection, etc.
• High level of organization and multiple OS familiarity (MAC/PC) a plus.
• Additional cross-disciplines welcome. Please list any such skills and experience in your resume (3D Modeling, Z-Brush, Architecture, Photography, Traditional Illustration, Graphic Design (Web and/or Print), Typography, Layout, etc.).
• Ability to create matte paintings stylistically and / or photo realistically using 2D and 3D applications.
• Ability to integrate illustration with existing 3D environments.
• Must be able to work quickly, efficiently, and communicate well within a team environment.
• Must be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Demonstrable experience in highly technical, dynamic departments is a must.How to apply:
Please submit your resume and demo reels (e.g. student work, personal work or project work) online.
Please include rate history and availability in the body of the email.
Please ensure there is a detailed description of your work in particular with your demo reel.
Please write in the subject: Matte Painting Generalist.
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant.