Hydraulx VFX is looking for an experienced Digital Production Manager (DPM) to join our features production team. The DPM is responsible for the scheduling and management of all aspects of day to day digital production for feature film visual effects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the Producer (or Digital Producer), creates a schedule for all phases of production and works with Scheduling to assign digital artists to the work
- Creates and maintains task assignments for teams (with the Coordinators); anticipates potential staffing changes based on development or creative shifts
- Maintains and publishes information regarding client notes and any changes in planned work for the teams
- Provides support to VFX and show supervisors as needed
- Manages the task assignments and priorities for the VFX Editor
- Manages daily digital resource utilization and acts as the primary contact on the Production team regarding the allocation of show resources; communicates daily regarding changes to priorities, etc.
- Oversees the setup of show-specific production needs
- Manages show space planning and artist moves with the Scheduling and Engineering
- Responsible for end of show wrap up with key artists, Scheduling and Engineering
- Attends show post-mortems, documents and identifies action items for Digital Production team
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelors degree in film, art, communications or related field
- 5+ years production experience including 3+ years experience in production management or supervisor role in feature film visual effects preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a high pressure environment
How to apply:
- Must be a current BC resident, and be eligible to work in Canada.
- Please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include asking rate, rate history, availability, and current work permit status if applicable.