We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
Possessing a broad knowledge base that covers the basics of modeling, texturing, animation, lighting and rendering. Our CG Generalist/Modeler is responsible for handling general 3D tasks as required but will need to have a strong understanding of modeling. You will create 3D models with texture, color, and lighting. It is essential you have a “can do” attitude and open-mindedness to non-traditional solutions.
· Able to model and sculpt hard-surface and organic 3D assets with or without concepts
· Participates in modeling, rigging, animation, texture, lighting and compositing needs of the project.
· Follows Goldtooth data storage/data naming and retrieval processes outlined in studio
· Makes sure that all work done is accounted for and entered into Shotgun daily
· Identifies problems with respect to timelines and delivery schedules and flags these to the senior team
· The CG Generalist/Modeler should have 1-3 years of industry experience in games and/or film
· A fundamental knowledge of modeling both organic and hard surface environments and props
· Demonstrating strong proficiency in usage of 3D and 2D software tools: Maya & Photoshop
· Knowledge of other software such as Nuke, Z-Brush and RealFlow
· Up-to-date knowledge of VFX tools, video game engines and emerging technologies
· Game Engine experience is an asset
· A strong creative eye and a problem-solving attitude
· Communicate with colleagues and work as part of a team
· Take direction and willingness to address comments and make changes
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a link to your demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Goldtooth Creative Agency Inc.
A boutique studio in the lush and beautiful Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2008, Goldtooth is one of the first rare hybrid studios of its kind : an all-in-one creative agency and full-service production studio, with a complete visual effects and post facility. Housing a multi-award winning advertising, cinematics, and visual effects team gathered under one roof. Artists with feature film backgrounds, specializing in bringing a cinematic quality to video game trailers, commercials, marketing media and in-game story content. Each member of the team is a master of their craft, who bring stories to the screen from concept to completion.
Goldtooth is fortunate to collaborate with some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry. We attack our diverse range of projects with passion and precision, delivering award-winning results. Our content ranges with material from Live Action, CGI, to In-Game. We handle pre-rendered, real-time, 2D, 3D, visual effects, motion graphics, and live action projects to suit the needs of major video game clients and feature film studios around the world.
Our team has delivered successful 10-60 second commercials under impossible circumstances, worked on Oscar nominated VFX films, delivered 100+ vfx shots on major Feature Films, and produced over 2 hours of story cinematics on a single production. We’ve completed the impossible with the most successful Webisode Series of its time, groundbreaking Marketing Stunts resulting in Trailer of the year awards, Best Trailer of All time, Best online video, Gold for copywriting, a Grammy nomination, including entire Marketing Campaigns for AAA best-selling titles, and the marketing campaign for the Best Game of the Year in 2014.
Goldtooth knows how to be unique, take chances, and be cutting edge. We have the talent and pipeline to deal with any project, and the chomps to take a bite out of the competition, launching your product forward as you’ve always imagined.