We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
An Animation Supervisor is the person in charge of all aspects of the animation process during the production of an animated film or animated segment for a project. This may include directing the character design, background animation, and any other aspect of animation.
· Being a lead proves how responsible you are to Goldtooth. The crew depends on the Leads of departments to keep the production moving and keep the plan on track.
· Review shots, approve shots, assign revisions, troubleshoot shots.
· Ensure quality goals of animation.
· Request improvements and review rigs with the Supervisor, Rigging
· Estimate work loads for new business (bids) with the Executive Producer- Business Development and Studio Executive Producer
· Write animation tools or work with tools team (when time permits)
· Oversee the animation department: Is responsible for: participating in recruitment where needed and working with Studio Executive Producer and Producer in managing the overall budget.
· Provide feedback to the Animators and team of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
· Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
· Attend any relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team.
· Participate in the recruiting and staffing of team with the HR Director and Studio Executive Producer and assesses the profiles of prospective candidates for hiring.
· Monitors Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots.
· Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
· 8+ years experience working in computer animation.
· Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design.
· Expert knowledge of Maya and other software programs.
· Good organization and communication skills.
· Demonstrated artistic ability.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
· Strong communication skills required.
· Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
· A strong reel demonstrating a variety of different styles of animation including pieces, which showcase the candidate’s performance and action abilities.
· Proven experience as a Modeling Lead, Rigging Lead or Animation Lead
· 5+ year experience of games or film.
· Strong knowledge and technical understanding of animation pipelines and workflows
· Ability to present the work of your team and communicate the vision to others
· Understand motion capture techniques and application (face and body)
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a link to your demo reel to recruiting @ goldtoothcreative. com.
About Goldtooth Creative Agency Inc.
A boutique studio in the lush and beautiful Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2008, Goldtooth is one of the first rare hybrid studios of its kind : an all-in-one creative agency and full-service production studio, with a complete visual effects and post facility. Housing a multi-award winning advertising, cinematics, and visual effects team gathered under one roof. Artists with feature film backgrounds, specializing in bringing a cinematic quality to video game trailers, commercials, marketing media and in-game story content. Each member of the team is a master of their craft, who bring stories to the screen from concept to completion.
Goldtooth is fortunate to collaborate with some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry. We attack our diverse range of projects with passion and precision, delivering award-winning results. Our content ranges with material from Live Action, CGI, to In-Game. We handle pre-rendered, real-time, 2D, 3D, visual effects, motion graphics, and live action projects to suit the needs of major video game clients and feature film studios around the world.
Our team has delivered successful 10-60 second commercials under impossible circumstances, worked on Oscar nominated VFX films, delivered 100+ vfx shots on major Feature Films, and produced over 2 hours of story cinematics on a single production. We’ve completed the impossible with the most successful Webisode Series of its time, groundbreaking Marketing Stunts resulting in Trailer of the year awards, Best Trailer of All time, Best online video, Gold for copywriting, a Grammy nomination, including entire Marketing Campaigns for AAA best-selling titles, and the marketing campaign for the Best Game of the Year in 2014.
Goldtooth knows how to be unique, take chances, and be cutting edge. We have the talent and pipeline to deal with any project, and the chomps to take a bite out of the competition, launching your product forward as you’ve always imagined.