Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
Reporting to the Owner, the CTO is ultimately responsible for ensuring the company’s technology strategy serves its business strategy. By seeing the picture (while knowing all the details), this role understands what our technology can do, what the architecture can support, and how to grow and nurture a team of technical leaders.
• Establishes the company’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the company’s technological development.
• Works with other department managers as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
• Provides technical leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
• Develops and oversees IT budgets to make sure there are no unnecessary expenditures
• Develops and directs all networking safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external client information
• Directs the development of technical disaster recovery plans
• Participates as a member of the senior management team in establishing process to ensure that technical objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s technical resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge osf technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely.
• Ensures that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
• Shares knowledge, mentors, and educates the organization’s management and staff, with regard to the company’s technological vision.
• Ensures company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Establishes and monitors pipeline strategies, guidelines, scope and innovative solutions
• Participates in staff evaluations, goal-setting and feedback
• Selects and negotiates with outside technical service providers when needed
• At least 7-10+ years of similar experience in the Information Technology arena, 5+ years in the VFX industry with demonstrated success
• Expert knowledge of Shotgun, Nuke, Maya and Arnold
• Proficiency in Python
• Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
• Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Strong time management skills and able to juggle multiple tasks
• Ability to work cooperatively on a team spanning from owners, producers, managers and artists
• Ability to compromise when necessary to achieve overall best results
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to recruiting@ goldtoothcreative. com
About Goldtooth Creative Agency Inc.
A boutique studio in the lush and beautiful Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2008, Goldtooth is one of the first rare hybrid studios of its kind : an all-in-one creative agency and full-service production studio, with a complete visual effects and post facility. Housing a multi-award winning advertising, cinematics, and visual effects team gathered under one roof. Artists with feature film backgrounds, specializing in bringing a cinematic quality to video game trailers, commercials, marketing media and in-game story content. Each member of the team is a master of their craft, who bring stories to the screen from concept to completion.
Goldtooth is fortunate to collaborate with some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry. We attack our diverse range of projects with passion and precision, delivering award-winning results. Our content ranges with material from Live Action, CGI, to In-Game. We handle pre-rendered, real-time, 2D, 3D, visual effects, motion graphics, and live action projects to suit the needs of major video game clients and feature film studios around the world.
Our team has delivered successful 10-60 second commercials under impossible circumstances, worked on Oscar nominated VFX films, delivered 100+ vfx shots on major Feature Films, and produced over 2 hours of story cinematics on a single production. We’ve completed the impossible with the most successful Webisode Series of its time, groundbreaking Marketing Stunts resulting in Trailer of the year awards, Best Trailer of All time, Best online video, Gold for copywriting, a Grammy nomination, including entire Marketing Campaigns for AAA best-selling titles, and the marketing campaign for the Best Game of the Year in 2014.
Goldtooth knows how to be unique, take chances, and be cutting edge. We have the talent and pipeline to deal with any project, and the chomps to take a bite out of the competition, launching your product forward as you’ve always imagined.