Associate Creative Director
We are one of the first, rare, hybrid studios of our kind: an all-in-one creative agency and full-service production studio with a complete visual effects and post facility. Housing a multi-award winning advertising, cinematics, and visual effects team gathered under one roof, each of us is a master of our craft bringing stories to the screen from concept to completion.
A bit about our space: We are in the heart of the up-and-coming Railtown district in lush and beautiful Vancouver, Canada. We enjoy: music at work, BBQ’g in the parking lot, dogs, our VP’s mom’s baking, and channeling our internal Easy Rider every time we walk by Kody’s Harley – parked on the studio floor.
A bit about us: We are a diverse group and we value and respect the differences in one another. Bold but geeky, hardworking and high-performing, us creative-types know how to tell compelling stories.
A bit about you, our new Associate Creative Director: The Associate Creative Director is responsible for overseeing creative aspects of a project, or component(s) of a project, under the overall control of the Producer.
Together with the Creative Director, the Associate Creative Director develops a vision for the project and will also develop a plan for the project with the Producers and Executive Producer. Once this vision is developed it is then the Associate Creative Director’s job to carry out the vision and give directions to maintain it and execute the plan.
The Associate Creative Director is responsible for turning the script into a sequence of shots and for creating all necessary project breakdowns helping production description and planning. They also direct what tone it should have and what an audience should gain from the cinematic experience.
The Associate Creative Director also plays a key role in post-production. He or she works with the editor to ensure the overall story-telling quality. The Associate Creative Director also advises on the color grading of the final images, adding warmth or frigidity to the composition of the shots to reflect the emotional subtext of the character or environment. The Associate Creative Director also participates and directs the sound mix and musical composition of the project.
· Interpreting the script
· Developing storyboards and pre-viz materials
· Directing actors and voice actors (including motion-capture)
· Attend dailies and all reviews necessary.
· Managing technical details, such as camera shots and the use of lighting
· Making decisions about location and design
· Liaising with the Producer at every stage. Supervising the work of the other production staff and delegating tasks accordingly to realize the final production, ideally letting people be self-directed with clear direction.
· Taking direction from the Creative Director, helps to oversees the entire creative process and make key creative decisions
· Ensures Creative Director has seen all material before it goes to the Client
· Provides creative ideas and solutions
· Ensures that the Production’s overall creative vision is followed through and understood by the production team, good communication skills.
· Supervises and direct artists at all stages of the creative process; Mandatory adherence to a Daily-Job List, Weekly Schedule and Overall Production
· Ensures preparation, presentation and approval of all design artwork deliverables are ready for required meetings.
meet schedule requirements.
· Ensures delivery of final project.
· Understands the budget limitations of projects and use resources with care and efficiency
· Works with the Executive Producer-Business Development and Producer to represent creative on Client calls (liases with Creative Director prior to these calls to ensure they are on board)
· Interprets client notes and translates to execution of production- always runs final interpretation through the Creative Director before execution and communication to the Client.
· At least 3-5+ years of similar experience in the VFX industry with demonstrated success
· Demonstrate an understanding of storytelling, craftsmanship and continuity visually
· Demonstrate qualities with locking a vision and then having production staff working towards clear goals
· Effective communication with producers, art staff and senior management
· Ability to balance deadlines and resources with style and quality
· Ability to maintain pacing in situations of intense schedules
· Strong time management skills and able to juggle multiple tasks
· Ability to work cooperatively on a team spanning from owners, producers, mangers and artists.
· Ability to compromise when necessary to achieve overall best results
· Ability to communicate effectively with executive level staff on a broad range of topics: technical, business, and creative.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, and you can put check marks next to most of what we’re looking for, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Goldtooth Creative Agency Inc.
A boutique studio in the lush and beautiful Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2008, Goldtooth is one of the first rare hybrid studios of its kind : an all-in-one creative agency and full-service production studio, with a complete visual effects and post facility. Housing a multi-award winning advertising, cinematics, and visual effects team gathered under one roof. Artists with feature film backgrounds, specializing in bringing a cinematic quality to video game trailers, commercials, marketing media and in-game story content. Each member of the team is a master of their craft, who bring stories to the screen from concept to completion.
Goldtooth is fortunate to collaborate with some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry. We attack our diverse range of projects with passion and precision, delivering award-winning results. Our content ranges with material from Live Action, CGI, to In-Game. We handle pre-rendered, real-time, 2D, 3D, visual effects, motion graphics, and live action projects to suit the needs of major video game clients and feature film studios around the world.
Our team has delivered successful 10-60 second commercials under impossible circumstances, worked on Oscar nominated VFX films, delivered 100+ vfx shots on major Feature Films, and produced over 2 hours of story cinematics on a single production. We’ve completed the impossible with the most successful Webisode Series of its time, groundbreaking Marketing Stunts resulting in Trailer of the year awards, Best Trailer of All time, Best online video, Gold for copywriting, a Grammy nomination, including entire Marketing Campaigns for AAA best-selling titles, and the marketing campaign for the Best Game of the Year in 2014.
Goldtooth knows how to be unique, take chances, and be cutting edge. We have the talent and pipeline to deal with any project, and the chomps to take a bite out of the competition, launching your product forward as you’ve always imagined.