We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
An Animation Lead is responsible for all aspects of the animation process during the production of an animated film or animated segment for a project. You are responsible for the creation of 3D character animation that meets the originality, creative and technical quality standards of our projects. The Animation Lead also mentors and sets the example for others.
You are responsible for creating animated sequences of characters, objects, and cameras. You have extensive work experience using, manipulation, and cleaning up motion capture data. You are proficient with Keyframe animation and strong fundamentals such as posing, timing, and pacing. When others describe you, they say you are a great problem solver with a willingness to learn new tools and pipelines. You are passionate about creating memorable cinematic sequences.
· Being a lead proves how responsible you are to Goldtooth. The crew depends on the Leads of departments to keep the production moving and keep the plan on track.
· Review shots, approve shots, assign revisions, troubleshoot shots.
· Ensure quality goals of animation.
· Estimate work loads for new business (bids) with the Executive Producer- Business Development and Studio Executive Producer
· Write animation tools or work with tools team (when time permits)
· Oversee the animation department: Is responsible for participating in recruitment where needed and working with Studio Executive Producer and Producer in managing the overall budget.
· Provide feedback to the Animators and team of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
· Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
· Attend any relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team.
· Participate in the recruiting and staffing of team with the recruiter and Studio Executive Producer and assesses the profiles of prospective candidates for hiring.
· Monitors Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots.
· Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
· Mentor and lead by example less experienced artists, providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth.
· 3-5+ years of related work experience
· Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design.
· Expert knowledge of Maya and other software programs.
· Thrive in a deadline-driven environment
· Ability to work efficiently as part of a team or independently at times to find the best design solutions
· An amazing demo reel showcasing character key frame animation, motion capture data, and camera animation with a strong sense of cinematic timing and pacing.
· Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
· Ability to present the work of your team and communicate the vision to others
· Understand motion capture techniques and application (face and body)
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a link to your demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Goldtooth Creative Agency Inc.
A boutique studio in the lush and beautiful Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2008, Goldtooth is one of the first rare hybrid studios of its kind : an all-in-one creative agency and full-service production studio, with a complete visual effects and post facility. Housing a multi-award winning advertising, cinematics, and visual effects team gathered under one roof. Artists with feature film backgrounds, specializing in bringing a cinematic quality to video game trailers, commercials, marketing media and in-game story content. Each member of the team is a master of their craft, who bring stories to the screen from concept to completion.
Goldtooth is fortunate to collaborate with some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry. We attack our diverse range of projects with passion and precision, delivering award-winning results. Our content ranges with material from Live Action, CGI, to In-Game. We handle pre-rendered, real-time, 2D, 3D, visual effects, motion graphics, and live action projects to suit the needs of major video game clients and feature film studios around the world.
Our team has delivered successful 10-60 second commercials under impossible circumstances, worked on Oscar nominated VFX films, delivered 100+ vfx shots on major Feature Films, and produced over 2 hours of story cinematics on a single production. We’ve completed the impossible with the most successful Webisode Series of its time, groundbreaking Marketing Stunts resulting in Trailer of the year awards, Best Trailer of All time, Best online video, Gold for copywriting, a Grammy nomination, including entire Marketing Campaigns for AAA best-selling titles, and the marketing campaign for the Best Game of the Year in 2014.
Goldtooth knows how to be unique, take chances, and be cutting edge. We have the talent and pipeline to deal with any project, and the chomps to take a bite out of the competition, launching your product forward as you’ve always imagined.