Ghost VFX Vancouver is recruiting for a CG Supervisor, with a start date as soon as late October 2020. Apply now to join our dynamic new team in Vancouver’s Mount Pleasant area, and become part of the acclaimed Ghost VFX group that includes Denmark, Los Angeles and the UK.
- Supervise a team in creating high-level, photo-real CG imagery for use in client projects, picking up 3D work as an Artist as required to meet company deadlines
- Develop and maintain a well-functioning CG Pipeline, communicating frequently with VFX Supervisors, Producers, and Engineers regarding technical needs and resources
- Schedule 3D artists based on project priority; monitor output quality and render efficiency throughout each shift, adjusting as necessary to meet deadlines
- Provide artistic and technical guidance to artists from concept to final composite; ensure best practices, including approving and modifying 3D techniques, and interpreting client notes and revision requirements with the creative team
- Break down and estimate work on complex 3D sequences with VFX Producers and Supervisors
- Develop the talents of the 3D team, training new artists and mentoring those who need to improve skill-sets and morale; delegate lead roles and responsibilities on projects and in the pipeline
- Attend client meetings and shoots as needed, communicating 3D requirements collaboratively and with diplomacy
- Stay current on the latest industry research and software/hardware; R&D new 3D technology and techniques
- Expert VFX production experience using Maya and V-Ray with a minimum 3 years experience as a CG Supervisor in high-end photo visual effects for broadcast television, streaming media and/or features
- Advanced knowledge in modeling, texturing, lighting, shading, lighting, rigging, animation, particle simulations and rendering techniques
- Excellent communication skills, whether supervising 3D artists, collaborating with VFX Supervisors, Producers, clients and other Ghost VFX locations
- Able to work independently, solve creative and technical problems efficiently
- Ability to quickly revise versions based on client and supervisor notes
- Highly driven and creative, with an eye for outstanding CG effects and technical perfection
- Experience in other software packages is a plus, i.e. Nuke, Photoshop, Mari, Massive, ZBrush, Houdini, 3DS Max
- On-set production skills and knowledge are a plus
- Degree, diploma or certificate in visual effects, animation, design, media, graphics or other related field, or equivalent experience
- Industry-relevant demo reel demonstrating proficiency and experience
- BC Residency is a requirement; we are not able to offer remote work to employees in other provinces or countries
- Canadian citizenship, Permanent Residence, or an Open Permit are required. We are not able to sponsor company-specific work permits at this time.
Ghost VFX Vancouver Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, following BC Employment Standards and BC Human Rights Code, creating a welcoming, diverse and inclusive environment.
Please send your resume and demo reel link to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the Subject Line: your name – CG Supervisor – Vancouver.
About Ghost VFX Vancouver
For over two decades, Ghost VFX has collaborated with the very best to create award-winning, innovative visual effects. With contributions to over 100 feature films, episodics and interactive, we are a full-service, global visual effects house. Our talented and dedicated teams around the world make the impossible, possible, fulfilling the dreams of clients and artists alike. With roughly 150 artists and production professionals, we try every day to produce imagery that quietly speaks for itself.