Ghost VFX Vancouver is recruiting for late October and winter 2020 start dates for CG Generalists. Apply now to join our dynamic new team in Vancouver’s Mount Pleasant area, and become part of the acclaimed Ghost VFX group that includes Denmark, Los Angeles and the UK.
- VFX production experience using Maya and V-Ray
- Minimum 3 years experience in visual effects for broadcast television, streaming media and/or features
- Proficient in modeling, texturing and lighting hard-surface CG objects, rendering and basic animation
- Proven ability (demo reel) in creating photo-real CG elements
- Able to work independently, solve creative problems efficiently, communicate ideas and concerns effectively, coordinate with other departments
- Ability to quickly revise versions based on client and supervisor notes
- Experience in other software packages is a plus, i.e. Nuke, Photoshop, Mari, ZBrush, Houdini, 3DS Max
- Varied skill set such as animation, rigging, environments, crowds or characters is a plus
- Degree, diploma or certificate in visual effects, animation, design, media, graphics or other related field, or equivalent experience
- Industry-relevant demo reel demonstrating proficiency and experience
- BC Residency is a requirement; we are not able to offer remote work to employees in other provinces or countries
- Canadian citizenship, Permanent Residence, or an Open Permit are required. We are not able to sponsor company-specific work permits at this time.
Ghost VFX Vancouver Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, following BC Employment Standards and BC Human Rights Code, creating a welcoming, diverse and inclusive environment.
Please send your resume and demo reel link to email@example.com, indicating in the Subject Line: your name – CG Generalist – Vancouver.
About Ghost VFX Vancouver
For over two decades, Ghost VFX has collaborated with the very best to create award-winning, innovative visual effects. With contributions to over 100 feature films, episodics and interactive, we are a full-service, global visual effects house. Our talented and dedicated teams around the world make the impossible, possible, fulfilling the dreams of clients and artists alike. With roughly 150 artists and production professionals, we try every day to produce imagery that quietly speaks for itself.