Ghost VFX Vancouver is hiring an experienced VFX Producer!
We’re working on a variety of TV series, streaming features, independent films and more. Some are produced wholly through Vancouver, some are in collaboration with our Ghost global team.
We’d love it if you could work in studio or hybrid; must be a BC Resident or willing to relocate to Vancouver; must be Canadian, have PR, or have an open permit – we are not doing work permits for this position.
· Correspond and meet with clients from pre-production through shooting through VFX delivery
· Managing costs vs budget; resource forecasting and project scheduling
· Develop creative relationships with VFX Supervisors and VFX artists to ensure notes are communicated effectively
· Generate VFX bids and schedules based on scripts, storyboards, and client concept and production meetings
· Working with VFX Coordinators and Editorial, oversee the turnover of VFX plates and elements
· Accurately track production and the team’s performance, encouraging productivity, creative collaboration, and best practices along with the CG and Compositing Supervisors
· Maintain accurate accounting on all projects, from projections to EFC to final billing
· Our producing team works together to balance the load, but expects that projects may at times require long hours and weekends
· Assist in recruiting and interviews when necessary; mentor the production team
· Collaborate with Ghost VFX management, resource professionals, bidding, etc. on a global scale
· Stellar communication and management skills when working with clients, production, and internal supervisors, artists, and coordinators. Someone who understands subtlety and inspires confidence and calm in others
· Highly organized with first-class time/project management skills
· Organized, with a keen eye for detail, and an ability to quantify and translate difficult notes or concepts as necessary
· Positive, motivating team leader; collaborates with the producing team to support company-wide deadlines and resource allocation
· Proactive problem solver, quick learner with a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude
· Familiarity with VFX software, techniques and processes
· Experienced in data management and secure transfer methods (Aspera, SFTP, Box, etc.) and shared viewing systems (Cinesync, Frame.io, etc.)
· Thorough understanding of live-action and CG based VFX workflows
· Previous credited experience as a VFX Producer
· 5+ years of experience bidding/producing visual effects for film, commercials, or television, with a thorough understanding of VFX and post-production processes and pipelines
· Proficient in MS Office; working knowledge of Shotgun or FTrack and Excel
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to prioritise conflicting tasks
· Proven ability to manage high revenue budgets
About Ghost VFX
For over two decades, Ghost VFX has collaborated with the very best to create award-winning, innovative visual effects. With contributions to hundreds of projects, we are a full-service, global visual effects house with talented teams around the world.
Ghost VFX Vancouver is a sister company with Picture Shop in Vancouver, offering VFX and Post services for film and television, and part of the Streamland Media group.