The successful candidate must be proactive in the workplace, must be able to be flexible and multitask while remaining calm and meticulously detail oriented. The ideal candidate must be a team player who has an upbeat and positive attitude, and must have managerial experience in formulating and executing plans to organize the VFX schedule and workflow. Candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Minimum of 3-4 years working at a VFX studio in a managerial position
- Must be well versed in the VFX pipeline, especially the 2D pipeline
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly proficient in using Shotgun, RV, G Suite, and various file transfer platforms ie. Aspera, Media Shuttle, etc.
Job duties may include but not be limited to the following
- Working with the VFX Producer and VFX Supervisor to ensure studio schedule aligns with client needs
- Troubleshoot and respond to the Client and Production questions and requests along with the VFX Producer and VFX Supervisor
- Must be updated on all VFX shots and scope of work, and be able to relay information to client and artists as necessary
- Along with the VFX Coordinator, must schedule deliveries to ensure all VFX is delivered according to temp, special screening, and final delivery schedules
- Work with the VFX Producer to ensure all VFX shots are on budget
About Galavant VFX
We are looking to bring on a VFX Production Manager to join the Vancouver branch of Galavant VFX, the sister team of Vitality VFX working solely on Netflix features and episodics on the groundbreaking NetFX platform.
Due to the global health pandemic, only candidates eligible to work in Canada immediately (Canadian citizens / Permanent Residents / Open work permit holders) will be considered. We would like to thank everyone for their interest.