Please note this position involves working remotely due to the health pandemic. Only candidates eligible to work in Canada who are located in Vancouver, BC will be considered – see “special qualifications” below.
- MUST have excellent proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Nuke, and Maya
- Must exhibit a high level of creativity, with the ability to properly fulfill client’s vision and follow creative directions
- Must have excellent eye for details and must be experienced in QCing your own work
- Must be fast and efficient, with the ability to work under tight deadlines with minimum supervision whilst producing high quality work
- The ability to collaborate with other artists to share knowledge and techniques
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work as a team member and be receptive to feedback from supervisor and clients
- Experience in creating highly detailed organic environments and destruction is a must
- Must have minimum 5+ years experience in concept design, look development, and designing environments, and matte painting
Due to the current health pandemic, this position entails working remotely. The equipment required to work remotely includes a full workstation – at least 1 monitor, keyboard, mouse, Wacom tablet and pen (MUST be one of the following models in order to be compatible with our system: PTH-660 / PTH-860 / PTK-440 / Cintiq 24 Pro / Cintiq 22 HD), access to an ethernet port, LAN wire, Internet connection speed of at least 150mbps (300mbps +/- preferred). A company issued Teradici box will be provided to the successful applicant. The Teradici box only supports DVI ports for monitors.
How to apply:
Due to time constraints, only candidates eligible to work in Canada immediately (Canadian citizens / Permanent Residents / Open work permit holders) will be considered. We would like to thank everyone for their interest, but we will only respond to candidates we wish to move forward with.
Please send your reel and resume to email@example.com to be considered!
Disclaimer: The position we are looking to fill is for a NetFX subcontractor position, and is not an official Netflix position.
About Galavant VFX
We are looking to bring on a mid / senior level Matte Painter to join the Vancouver branch of Galavant VFX, the sister team of Vitality VFX working solely on Netflix film and television. This is an exciting opportunity for artists who are interested in working on a dynamic range of VFX shots across different projects, to test and showcase your skills at the highest level whilst working on our cloud based VFX platform.