FuseFX Vancouver is currently seeking talented and experienced Riggers with animation skills for current and upcoming projects. Temporary and permanent positions available.
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television, and commercials.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience animating quadrupeds and bipeds
• Strong understanding of animation principles in traditional and digital techniques
• Create realistic FK/IK rigs for a variety of humanoids and creature models
• Thorough knowledge of weighting and skinning Demonstrated ability to rig a variety of characters / objects in a realistic, non-cartoon manner
• Assist in the creation of new rigs and rig components
• Solid knowledge of Character set-up in Maya
• Production experience with Deformers, Constraints, Hierarchies, Utility Nodes, Expressions, Hair & Cloth
• Perform rig maintenance and fixes during production as requested
• Experience working in 3DS Max a plus
SKILLS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• 5+ years experience in a production environment
• Experience in Python in Maya
• knowledge of anatomy and a understanding of bio-mechanics, for humanoid and animals
• Should effectively execute all necessary assigned tasks while under tight production schedule deadlines
• Strong creative and technical abilities
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Positive attitude
• Work well in a team environment
Please apply at: http://fusefx.com/jobs/rigger-animator/
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that provides visual effects services for film, television, commercials, games, and special venues.
FuseFX has emerged as a leader in Visual Effects for episodic television, as well as increasing work on commercials and feature film productions. FuseFX has over 100 employees at their flagship office in Los Angeles, along with offices in New York City and Vancouver, Canada.
FuseFX BC was established in 2014 to serve Vancouver’s burgeoning film and television production community. Led by Jon Cowley, the team combines a boutique mindset with the industry’s most efficient pipeline and an ability to work seamlessly and nimbly as an extension of the company’s Los Angeles and New York studios. The results are visuals of outstanding quality and imagination, delivered on time and on budget.
FuseFX has developed a proprietary, highly efficient pipeline. This process differentiates the company from others in the business and allows for better quality control, faster turn around of shots, allows the artists to focus on the creativity of visual effects. The company has assembled a highly experienced team of artists, supervisors, and producers with a broad range of experience in all aspects of Visual Effects. The quality of the staff also differentiates FuseFX from its competitors.
Today, FuseFX’s three locations have over 30 television shows in production simultaneously, while also servicing various commercial and feature film projects. The company has exclusively provided Visual Effects for all the major studios, and on such productions as American Horror Story, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Criminal Minds, Sons of Anarchy, Bones, Mad Men, TURN, The Blacklist, The Magicians, and many others.
FuseFX was founded by David Altenau in 2006 and initially provided visual effects for a few network episodic productions. In 2008, Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter joined the company as partners and contributed to significant expansion, opening new offices in Burbank, and adding infrastructure and personnel to service multiple major episodic television programs as well as feature films and commercials. In 2014, FuseFX opened new offices in New York and Vancouver to service local clients in those markets, bringing on board Greg Anderson and Jon Cowley, respectively to head those operations and build teams dedicated to FuseFX’s mission to provide stellar visual effects.
As a philosophy, the principals at FuseFX believe that Visual Effects offer an amazing ability to go beyond the limits of what practical production can accomplish. We strive to work with our clients to create a vision and story that could not otherwise be accomplished without the tools and talents FuseFX offers.