FuseFX Vancouver is looking for an eager part-time Office Assistant, with an interest in VFX production for television and film, to join our team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for an entry level role that could grow within the company. The role of the Office Assistant is to facilitate the operational and administrative requirements of staff, facilities, and clients. The main responsibilities include administrative and reception tasks and the upkeep of the office appearance. This is a part-time position (25+ hours per week) with the possibility of weekend work.
FuseFX is an Emmy-award winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television, and commercials.
· Contribute a very positive and welcoming impression on our staff and visitors
· Handle all phone calls, transfers, messages and emails in a professional manner
· Keep the office clean, organized and tidy at all times
· Ensure that security is maintained through firm but friendly adherence to company procedures
· Receive and distribute any mail, supply orders, deliveries
· Keep extension and contact lists up to date
· Maintain supply of keys
· Keep an inventory/ handle orders for all office supplies, kitchen necessities, etc.
· Process online orders as requested
· Take out garbage and recycling, as needed
· Manage organization of drives: log in/out, pick up & delivery
· Communicate any office problems or issues that may arise with upper management, as needed
· Other duties as assigned (e.g. changing light bulbs, building office furniture, breaking down boxes, updating database, updating spreadsheets, event planning, various administrative tasks)
Traits of a successful FuseFX Office Assistant:
· Be prepared for flexible hours, as needed by production
· Feel comfortable juggling multiple tasks at one time
· Have confidence, common sense and the desire to learn all that you can about our client and staff needs and the services that we provide
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
· Must have reliable transportation
Local Applicants to Vancouver are preferred. No phone calls.
Please apply via our website at:
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that provides visual effects services for film, television, commercials, games, and special venues.
FuseFX has emerged as a leader in Visual Effects for episodic television, as well as increasing work on commercials and feature film productions. FuseFX has over 100 employees at their flagship office in Los Angeles, along with offices in New York City and Vancouver, Canada.
FuseFX BC was established in 2014 to serve Vancouver’s burgeoning film and television production community. Led by Jon Cowley, the team combines a boutique mindset with the industry’s most efficient pipeline and an ability to work seamlessly and nimbly as an extension of the company’s Los Angeles and New York studios. The results are visuals of outstanding quality and imagination, delivered on time and on budget.
FuseFX has developed a proprietary, highly efficient pipeline. This process differentiates the company from others in the business and allows for better quality control, faster turn around of shots, allows the artists to focus on the creativity of visual effects. The company has assembled a highly experienced team of artists, supervisors, and producers with a broad range of experience in all aspects of Visual Effects. The quality of the staff also differentiates FuseFX from its competitors.
Today, FuseFX’s three locations have over 30 television shows in production simultaneously, while also servicing various commercial and feature film projects. The company has exclusively provided Visual Effects for all the major studios, and on such productions as American Horror Story, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Criminal Minds, Sons of Anarchy, Bones, Mad Men, TURN, The Blacklist, The Magicians, and many others.
FuseFX was founded by David Altenau in 2006 and initially provided visual effects for a few network episodic productions. In 2008, Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter joined the company as partners and contributed to significant expansion, opening new offices in Burbank, and adding infrastructure and personnel to service multiple major episodic television programs as well as feature films and commercials. In 2014, FuseFX opened new offices in New York and Vancouver to service local clients in those markets, bringing on board Greg Anderson and Jon Cowley, respectively to head those operations and build teams dedicated to FuseFX’s mission to provide stellar visual effects.
As a philosophy, the principals at FuseFX believe that Visual Effects offer an amazing ability to go beyond the limits of what practical production can accomplish. We strive to work with our clients to create a vision and story that could not otherwise be accomplished without the tools and talents FuseFX offers.