FuseFX has an opening in Vancouver! FuseFX is looking for a talented Tech Ops who has a passion for the Visual FX industry and episodic TV.
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that works with all the major studios to unleash storylines and creative visions. Known for delivering boutique-style project management, we back that with the technology, efficiency, and work experience of a larger studio with locations in Los Angeles, New York, Vancouver, and Atlanta.
- Workstation Imaging and Software deployment systems maintenance (Windows and Mac)
- Imaging and maintenance of desktop and mobile workstations
- End-user support for production and artists
- Account creation and administration
- Assist with troubleshooting and supporting all hardware and software
- Monitor IT queue for incoming tickets, assist with triage
- Creation and maintenance of documentation
- Assist with moving computers, servers and any other IT hardware
Traits of a successful FuseFX Tech Ops:
- 1-2 Years’ experience in an IT support role
- Solid knowledge of Windows Active Directory administration
- Thorough understanding of Windows and MacOS operating systems
- Good working knowledge of Office365
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Scripting experience is a plus (Powershell)
- Extensive knowledge of desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and all peripherals including audio/video devices
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Windows 10 and MacOS 10.13 and above
- Previous film industry and/or television experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skill with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment
- Flexible and available for extended hours when needed
Please submit applications here: FuseFX Jobs
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that provides visual effects services for film, television, commercials, games, and special venues.
FuseFX has emerged as a leader in Visual Effects for episodic television, as well as increasing work on commercials and feature film productions. FuseFX has over 100 employees at their flagship office in Los Angeles, along with offices in New York City and Vancouver, Canada.
FuseFX BC was established in 2014 to serve Vancouver’s burgeoning film and television production community. Led by Jon Cowley, the team combines a boutique mindset with the industry’s most efficient pipeline and an ability to work seamlessly and nimbly as an extension of the company’s Los Angeles and New York studios. The results are visuals of outstanding quality and imagination, delivered on time and on budget.
FuseFX has developed a proprietary, highly efficient pipeline. This process differentiates the company from others in the business and allows for better quality control, faster turn around of shots, allows the artists to focus on the creativity of visual effects. The company has assembled a highly experienced team of artists, supervisors, and producers with a broad range of experience in all aspects of Visual Effects. The quality of the staff also differentiates FuseFX from its competitors.
Today, FuseFX’s three locations have over 30 television shows in production simultaneously, while also servicing various commercial and feature film projects. The company has exclusively provided Visual Effects for all the major studios, and on such productions as American Horror Story, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Criminal Minds, Sons of Anarchy, Bones, Mad Men, TURN, The Blacklist, The Magicians, and many others.
FuseFX was founded by David Altenau in 2006 and initially provided visual effects for a few network episodic productions. In 2008, Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter joined the company as partners and contributed to significant expansion, opening new offices in Burbank, and adding infrastructure and personnel to service multiple major episodic television programs as well as feature films and commercials. In 2014, FuseFX opened new offices in New York and Vancouver to service local clients in those markets, bringing on board Greg Anderson and Jon Cowley, respectively to head those operations and build teams dedicated to FuseFX’s mission to provide stellar visual effects.
As a philosophy, the principals at FuseFX believe that Visual Effects offer an amazing ability to go beyond the limits of what practical production can accomplish. We strive to work with our clients to create a vision and story that could not otherwise be accomplished without the tools and talents FuseFX offers.