FuseFX Vancouver is seeking a full-time Studio Production Assistant to join our team! We are looking for someone who is organized and thrives in a fast-paced environment to support our facilities and production team.
FuseFX is an Emmy award-winning visual effects and animation studio based in Los Angeles, with remote offices in New York and Vancouver. FuseFX is focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television, commercials and VR.
This entry-level position is a great opportunity to step into the world of visual effects!
- Contributes a very positive and welcoming approach for our staff
- Maintain the studio clean, organized, and tidy at all times
- Adheres to company policy and security procedures
- Communicates any office problems or issues that may arise to the Office Manager as needed
- Other duties (e.g., changing light bulbs, building office furniture, breaking down boxes) assigned by the Office Manager
- Backup for Office Assistant for weekday / weekend coverage as needed
- Special Projects as required/assigned by Production Management.
- Out of college and eager to learn more about the visual effects industry (a relevant degree in the entertainment industry is preferred)
- Reliable and punctual – be prepared for flexible hours as needed by production, some weekend shifts may last longer than 9 PM
- A team player and comfortable in a dynamic work environment
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Please submit your applications here: https://fusefx.com/jobs/production-assistant/
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that provides visual effects services for film, television, commercials, games, and special venues.
FuseFX has emerged as a leader in Visual Effects for episodic television, as well as increasing work on commercials and feature film productions. FuseFX has over 100 employees at their flagship office in Los Angeles, along with offices in New York City and Vancouver, Canada.
FuseFX BC was established in 2014 to serve Vancouver’s burgeoning film and television production community. Led by Jon Cowley, the team combines a boutique mindset with the industry’s most efficient pipeline and an ability to work seamlessly and nimbly as an extension of the company’s Los Angeles and New York studios. The results are visuals of outstanding quality and imagination, delivered on time and on budget.
FuseFX has developed a proprietary, highly efficient pipeline. This process differentiates the company from others in the business and allows for better quality control, faster turn around of shots, allows the artists to focus on the creativity of visual effects. The company has assembled a highly experienced team of artists, supervisors, and producers with a broad range of experience in all aspects of Visual Effects. The quality of the staff also differentiates FuseFX from its competitors.
Today, FuseFX’s three locations have over 30 television shows in production simultaneously, while also servicing various commercial and feature film projects. The company has exclusively provided Visual Effects for all the major studios, and on such productions as American Horror Story, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Criminal Minds, Sons of Anarchy, Bones, Mad Men, TURN, The Blacklist, The Magicians, and many others.
FuseFX was founded by David Altenau in 2006 and initially provided visual effects for a few network episodic productions. In 2008, Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter joined the company as partners and contributed to significant expansion, opening new offices in Burbank, and adding infrastructure and personnel to service multiple major episodic television programs as well as feature films and commercials. In 2014, FuseFX opened new offices in New York and Vancouver to service local clients in those markets, bringing on board Greg Anderson and Jon Cowley, respectively to head those operations and build teams dedicated to FuseFX’s mission to provide stellar visual effects.
As a philosophy, the principals at FuseFX believe that Visual Effects offer an amazing ability to go beyond the limits of what practical production can accomplish. We strive to work with our clients to create a vision and story that could not otherwise be accomplished without the tools and talents FuseFX offers.