FuseFX Vancouver is currently searching for an I / O Coordinator to join our Editorial team. The primary focus of this position is the creation, management, support, and delivery of client and studio render files. Candidates with experience working within visual effects or post production studio environment preferred.
FuseFX is an Emmy-Award winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television, and commercials.
- Handling all digital assets entering and leaving the facility whether it’s electronic or physical media
- Ingest files from clients and prepare deliveries to clients
- Transfer files between offices
- Be point person for all drive management for the Vancouver office, including drive maintenance, retrievals, and returns
- Performing VFX Deliveries to Drives, as needed
- Handle all archiving, de-archiving and server/drive clean ups regularly
- Manage Artist Shot Requests for the Vancouver office, including supporting paperwork process and de-archiving when applicable
- Capable in covering/supporting for VFX Editors as is appropriate, including running reviews, performing technical QCs, basic color
- Comfortable stepping in to support the editorial department as a whole
- Windows and Mac
- Fundamental systems administration skills and general technical troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and
- Good organizational skills and attention to
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, occasionally high-pressure
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a
- Willingness to work very flexible hours, including weekends, evenings or nights when production schedules
- Knowledge of at least one editing software package and the ability to read and understand EDLs
- Knowledge of different digital camera formats (RED, Alexa, Sony, etc)
- Knowledge of different file formats (Quicktime, MXF, DPX, JPG, etc)
- Basic knowledge of post-production (editorial and/or VFX) workflows
Preferred Experience includes familiarity with the following:
- Assimilate Scratch
- Adobe After Effects
- Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, Compressor
- FTP, Aspera and other similar web-based file transport tools
Please submit your application here: https://fusefx.com/jobs/i-o-coordinator/
Principals only, NO CALLS PLEASE.
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that provides visual effects services for film, television, commercials, games, and special venues.
FuseFX has emerged as a leader in Visual Effects for episodic television, as well as increasing work on commercials and feature film productions. FuseFX has over 100 employees at their flagship office in Los Angeles, along with offices in New York City and Vancouver, Canada.
FuseFX BC was established in 2014 to serve Vancouver’s burgeoning film and television production community. Led by Jon Cowley, the team combines a boutique mindset with the industry’s most efficient pipeline and an ability to work seamlessly and nimbly as an extension of the company’s Los Angeles and New York studios. The results are visuals of outstanding quality and imagination, delivered on time and on budget.
FuseFX has developed a proprietary, highly efficient pipeline. This process differentiates the company from others in the business and allows for better quality control, faster turn around of shots, allows the artists to focus on the creativity of visual effects. The company has assembled a highly experienced team of artists, supervisors, and producers with a broad range of experience in all aspects of Visual Effects. The quality of the staff also differentiates FuseFX from its competitors.
Today, FuseFX’s three locations have over 30 television shows in production simultaneously, while also servicing various commercial and feature film projects. The company has exclusively provided Visual Effects for all the major studios, and on such productions as American Horror Story, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Criminal Minds, Sons of Anarchy, Bones, Mad Men, TURN, The Blacklist, The Magicians, and many others.
FuseFX was founded by David Altenau in 2006 and initially provided visual effects for a few network episodic productions. In 2008, Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter joined the company as partners and contributed to significant expansion, opening new offices in Burbank, and adding infrastructure and personnel to service multiple major episodic television programs as well as feature films and commercials. In 2014, FuseFX opened new offices in New York and Vancouver to service local clients in those markets, bringing on board Greg Anderson and Jon Cowley, respectively to head those operations and build teams dedicated to FuseFX’s mission to provide stellar visual effects.
As a philosophy, the principals at FuseFX believe that Visual Effects offer an amazing ability to go beyond the limits of what practical production can accomplish. We strive to work with our clients to create a vision and story that could not otherwise be accomplished without the tools and talents FuseFX offers.