FuseFX Vancouver is currently searching for Digital Matte Painter to join our creative team. The primary focus of this position is the creation and integration of photo realistic matte paintings for episodic and feature projects. The candidate will work as part of a team of artists, producers, and supervisors. Candidates with a visual effects background and experience in episodic television production highly preferred.
FuseFX is an Emmy-award winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television, and commercials.
· Reviewing client and company briefs to determine the quality, placement and number of matte painting elements required to compliment a specific shot methodology.
· Examining the plates, clips and stills of the background and/or principal action, as available.
· Compiling strong image elements from multiple sources for use in DMPs.
· Evaluating the look of visual components of a shot, including modeling, textures, lighting and compositing in an effort directed towards shot integration.
· Preparing lookdev DMPs to update the VFX Supervisor and/or client on shot progress.
· Creating photorealistic digital images through often hybrid 2D and 3D approaches with consistent and seamless results.
· Executing and integrating the final elements.
· Experienced in Photoshop.
· Proficiency in a 3D applications like Maya (or 3D Studio Max) for modelling and texturing assets.
· Working knowledge of Nuke (After Effects is also welcome), Clarisse, and 2.5D projection workflows.
· Knowledge of cameras, lenses, distortion, colour, perspective and parallax.
Please submit applications to the following: https://fusefx.com/jobs/digital-matte-painter/
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that provides visual effects services for film, television, commercials, games, and special venues.
FuseFX has emerged as a leader in Visual Effects for episodic television, as well as increasing work on commercials and feature film productions. FuseFX has over 100 employees at their flagship office in Los Angeles, along with offices in New York City and Vancouver, Canada.
FuseFX BC was established in 2014 to serve Vancouver’s burgeoning film and television production community. Led by Jon Cowley, the team combines a boutique mindset with the industry’s most efficient pipeline and an ability to work seamlessly and nimbly as an extension of the company’s Los Angeles and New York studios. The results are visuals of outstanding quality and imagination, delivered on time and on budget.
FuseFX has developed a proprietary, highly efficient pipeline. This process differentiates the company from others in the business and allows for better quality control, faster turn around of shots, allows the artists to focus on the creativity of visual effects. The company has assembled a highly experienced team of artists, supervisors, and producers with a broad range of experience in all aspects of Visual Effects. The quality of the staff also differentiates FuseFX from its competitors.
Today, FuseFX’s three locations have over 30 television shows in production simultaneously, while also servicing various commercial and feature film projects. The company has exclusively provided Visual Effects for all the major studios, and on such productions as American Horror Story, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Criminal Minds, Sons of Anarchy, Bones, Mad Men, TURN, The Blacklist, The Magicians, and many others.
FuseFX was founded by David Altenau in 2006 and initially provided visual effects for a few network episodic productions. In 2008, Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter joined the company as partners and contributed to significant expansion, opening new offices in Burbank, and adding infrastructure and personnel to service multiple major episodic television programs as well as feature films and commercials. In 2014, FuseFX opened new offices in New York and Vancouver to service local clients in those markets, bringing on board Greg Anderson and Jon Cowley, respectively to head those operations and build teams dedicated to FuseFX’s mission to provide stellar visual effects.
As a philosophy, the principals at FuseFX believe that Visual Effects offer an amazing ability to go beyond the limits of what practical production can accomplish. We strive to work with our clients to create a vision and story that could not otherwise be accomplished without the tools and talents FuseFX offers.