Job Title: VFX Supervisor
202-1168 Hamilton St.
Vancouver, BC V6B 2S2
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent/Staff
Salary: 140k – 160k annually, DOE
Benefits: Employer-subsidized MSP coverage, extended benefits plans, paid vacation leave, paid sick leave, paid statutory holidays
• Experience leading a team of Nuke compositors in an episodic TV environment
• On-set supervision, script breakdown, and bidding experience
• Working knowledge of Nuke composting workflow
• Strong understanding of directory structure, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools, automated dailies
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
• Strong creative and technical abilities
• Must be a team player and work well under tight deadlines
Skills & Responsibilities:
• Attending production and VFX meetings, location and tech scouts
• Breaking down scripts and working with producers and CG sups in bidding
• Providing on-set supervision of plate and element photography
• Leading team of compositors, providing guidance and feedback on shots
• Assisting in recruitment duties, reviewing reels, making recommendations
• Communicating effectively with clients, artists, and management, while guiding a shot from initial concept through final delivery
Please send reels and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the job title in the subject line.
FuseFX Vancouver was established in 2014 to serve Vancouver’s burgeoning film and television production community. Led by veteran visual effects supervisor and executive Jason Dowdeswell, the team combines a boutique mindset with the industry’s most efficient pipeline and an ability to work seamlessly and nimbly as an extension of the company’s Los Angeles and New York studios. The results are visuals of outstanding quality and imagination, delivered on-time and on-budget.