FuseFX-BC is currently searching for a Systems Engineer to join its Technology team. The primary focus of this position is systems architecture and infrastructure engineering. Candidate will work to implement and improve the existing in-house FuseFX infrastructure, as well as integrate and maintain various third-party systems and products. Candidates will contribute to the design of future architecture in addition to evaluating and integrating third-party solutions for hardware, software, and workflow for maintenance of operations across a multi-site world-class visual effects facility. Candidates with a Visual Effects background or understanding highly preferred.
FUSEFX is a visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television and commercials.
Responsibilities and Duties
Perform in the following technical areas:
· Systems installation, configuration and operation
· Core network service (LDAP, DNS, Firewall, etc.) installation and administration
· Hardware integration and deployment
· Software installation
· Incident response and management
· Maintain high-level digital security standards required in a post-production environment.
· Develop and maintain written operational procedures for routine network management processes.
· Administer servers and network services: AD, DNS, DHCP, SMB, NFS
· Administer network switches, network storage and associated tape backup system, Virtual Server Infrastructure, Databases, User accounts, Email technologies, Firewall, Internet and Digital Security, User support and troubleshooting
· Analyze and tune systems for performance, throughput, resource utilization, high availability, and scalability
· Evaluate system components, software, networking infrastructure and hardware peripherals for reliability, performance, scalability and security
· Research in order to maintain a working knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications, including emerging technologies
· Evaluate business requirements and make recommendations on systems design and hardware purchases to fulfill business needs.
· Render Farms
· Knowledge of Deadline Queue Manager
· Very Familiar with networking and switches, routing topologies
· Be able to communicate verbally and in writing, document what they do
· Be fast and productive
· Provide solutions based on budgets and deadlines
· Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable professional experience
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a professional systems engineering environment
· Solid knowledge of OSX and Windows platforms
· Experience building and operating high availability and high scalability computing systems
· Experience with VMware
· Experience with EMC Isilon Products
· Knowledge of SQL databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
· Ability and desire to learn new technologies as required
· Ability to solve problems unsupervised and recommend proactive technical solutions
· Positive can-do attitude combined with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
· Excellent communication and organizational skill with strong attention to detail
· Experience working in TV, and/or post-production industry with a working knowledge of Max, Maya, Houdini, Nuke, and other VFX-related packages and APIs
· Experience in the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of relevant software packages including: Max, Maya, Houdini, Nuke, V-Rray, SynthEyes, RV, and Scratch
· Experience related to disaster recovery, business continuity, backup systems, tape libraries, SAN, and NAS knowledge
Please send resumes and salary requirements to email@example.com
Visit www.fusefx.com for additional information
Local Applicants to BC only please
FuseFX provides visual effects services for film, television, and commercials, games, and special venues.
FuseFX, Inc., a Los Angeles-based visual effects company, was founded by David Altenau in 2006. Initially, the company provided visual effects for a handful of network episodic productions and commercials. In 2008, Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter joined the operation as partners. The company expanded, opened new offices in Burbank, and added infrastructure and personnel to offer services on multiple major episodic television programs as well as visual effects for feature films and commercials.
Since its inception, FuseFX has established itself as a key player in VFX for television, as well as increasing work on feature film productions. FuseFX has approximately 30 employees and consistently has 10 to 12 active television shows in production at any one time, as well as various commercials and feature film projects. The company relies on a highly refined pipeline and highly experienced team of artists utilizing Autodesk 3DS Max for all 3D animation and effects, and The Foundry’s Nuke for compositing.
As a philosophy, the principals at FuseFX believe that Visual Effects offer an amazing ability to go beyond the limits of what practical production can accomplish. We strive to work with our clients to create a vision and story that could not otherwise be accomplished without the tools and talents FuseFX offers.