FuseFX has an opening in Vancouver! We have opportunities at our studio for a Tech Ops/Render Wrangler ideally with a background in television and/or feature film VFX to join our technology team. The primary focus of this position is the management of renders as needed by production. Secondary function will be as a help desk representative, helping with physical setup, artist support, and potentially growing into more.
All of FuseFX’s technical roles involve both technical and interpersonal components, ensuring systems are technically sound while maintaining open communication both within the department and with production teams.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual and VR productions. Founded in 2006, the company employs 500+ personnel across seven studio locations: our flagship office in Los Angeles, CA, New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our offices in Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota, is serviced by FOLKS VFX. Folks joined the FuseFX family of brands in 2020
- Monitoring, managing and keeping the render farm running at maximum capacity.
- Troubleshoot failed and stalling tasks on the render farm; identify bottlenecks and work to streamline processes. Escalate problems as needed.
- Workstation Imaging and Software deployment systems maintenance (Windows and Mac)
- Imaging and maintenance of desktop and mobile workstations
- End-user support for production and artists
- Account creation and administration
- Assist with troubleshooting and supporting all hardware and software
- Monitor IT queue for incoming tickets, assist with triage
- Creation and maintenance of documentation
- Assist with moving computers, servers and any other IT hardware
Traits of a successful FuseFX Tech Ops/Render Wrangler:
- 1-2 Years’ experience in an IT support role
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and MacOS 10.13 and above
- Understanding of Office365
- Knowledge of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Knowledge of desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and all peripherals including audio/video devices in an enterprise environment.
- Previous film industry and/or television experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skill with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Flexible and available for extended hours
- Experience with render farm systems and management a plus
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under tight deadlines
- Ability to lift 50 pounds to standing height
Please submit your application here: https://bit.ly/3xf7IuT
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
About FuseFX-BC Inc.
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that provides visual effects services for film, television, commercials, games, and special venues.
FuseFX has emerged as a leader in Visual Effects for episodic television, as well as increasing work on commercials and feature film productions. FuseFX has over 100 employees at their flagship office in Los Angeles, along with offices in New York City and Vancouver, Canada.
FuseFX BC was established in 2014 to serve Vancouver’s burgeoning film and television production community. Led by Jon Cowley, the team combines a boutique mindset with the industry’s most efficient pipeline and an ability to work seamlessly and nimbly as an extension of the company’s Los Angeles and New York studios. The results are visuals of outstanding quality and imagination, delivered on time and on budget.
FuseFX has developed a proprietary, highly efficient pipeline. This process differentiates the company from others in the business and allows for better quality control, faster turn around of shots, allows the artists to focus on the creativity of visual effects. The company has assembled a highly experienced team of artists, supervisors, and producers with a broad range of experience in all aspects of Visual Effects. The quality of the staff also differentiates FuseFX from its competitors.
Today, FuseFX’s three locations have over 30 television shows in production simultaneously, while also servicing various commercial and feature film projects. The company has exclusively provided Visual Effects for all the major studios, and on such productions as American Horror Story, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Criminal Minds, Sons of Anarchy, Bones, Mad Men, TURN, The Blacklist, The Magicians, and many others.
FuseFX was founded by David Altenau in 2006 and initially provided visual effects for a few network episodic productions. In 2008, Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter joined the company as partners and contributed to significant expansion, opening new offices in Burbank, and adding infrastructure and personnel to service multiple major episodic television programs as well as feature films and commercials. In 2014, FuseFX opened new offices in New York and Vancouver to service local clients in those markets, bringing on board Greg Anderson and Jon Cowley, respectively to head those operations and build teams dedicated to FuseFX’s mission to provide stellar visual effects.
As a philosophy, the principals at FuseFX believe that Visual Effects offer an amazing ability to go beyond the limits of what practical production can accomplish. We strive to work with our clients to create a vision and story that could not otherwise be accomplished without the tools and talents FuseFX offers.