FuseFX Vancouver is currently seeking a talented and experienced Rigging TD for current and upcoming projects.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual and VR productions. Founded in 2006, the company employs 500+ personnel across seven studio locations: our flagship office in Los Angeles, CA, New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our offices in Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota, are serviced by FOLKS VFX. Folks joined the FuseFX family of brands in 2020.
- Create realistic advanced rigs for a variety of characters, creatures, and props inside Maya.
- Perform rig maintenance and fixes during production as requested.
- Assist in the creation of new rig component development.
- Follow Supervisor directions, ensuring rigs created are accurate and effective for animation needs.
- Maintain a desire to deliver consistently highly quality aesthetic and technical work, while encouraging colleagues to strive for the same standards.
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment to deliver consistently high-quality work and troubleshoot technical problems on assigned rigging tasks.
- Should effectively execute all necessary assigned tasks while under tight production schedule deadlines
- Interface effectively with artists in other departments to ensure the seamless integration of work between disciplines.
- Sharp organizational and time management skills, able to engage in varied projects simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail and working towards deadlines.
Traits of a successful FuseFX Rigging TD:
- 5+ years experience rigging bipeds, quadrupeds, and props in Maya in a production environment.
- Experience using Python and Mel, C++ API/plugin development and building a scripted rig setups a plus.
- Production experience with Deformers, Constraints, Hierarchies, Utility Nodes, Expressions, Hair & Cloth, Muscle/Skin, weighting, and dynamics.
- Strong understanding of animation needs in regard to functionality, feature set, evaluation speed, rig controls, and artist interactivity.
- Thorough knowledge of weighting and skinning.
- Demonstrated ability to rig in a realistic, non-cartoon manner, as well as ability to create squash and stretch setups with dynamics.
- Knowledge of anatomy and an understanding of bio-mechanics for both humanoid and animals.
- Knowledge of Ziva Dynamics, Ornatrix, and Marvelous Designer is desired.
- Strong creative and technical abilities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude and team motivator.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Please submit your application here: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WZR3W6&cws=37&rid=360
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
About FuseFX-BC Inc.
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that provides visual effects services for film, television, commercials, games, and special venues.
FuseFX has emerged as a leader in Visual Effects for episodic television, as well as increasing work on commercials and feature film productions. FuseFX has over 100 employees at their flagship office in Los Angeles, along with offices in New York City and Vancouver, Canada.
FuseFX BC was established in 2014 to serve Vancouver’s burgeoning film and television production community. Led by Jon Cowley, the team combines a boutique mindset with the industry’s most efficient pipeline and an ability to work seamlessly and nimbly as an extension of the company’s Los Angeles and New York studios. The results are visuals of outstanding quality and imagination, delivered on time and on budget.
FuseFX has developed a proprietary, highly efficient pipeline. This process differentiates the company from others in the business and allows for better quality control, faster turn around of shots, allows the artists to focus on the creativity of visual effects. The company has assembled a highly experienced team of artists, supervisors, and producers with a broad range of experience in all aspects of Visual Effects. The quality of the staff also differentiates FuseFX from its competitors.
Today, FuseFX’s three locations have over 30 television shows in production simultaneously, while also servicing various commercial and feature film projects. The company has exclusively provided Visual Effects for all the major studios, and on such productions as American Horror Story, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Criminal Minds, Sons of Anarchy, Bones, Mad Men, TURN, The Blacklist, The Magicians, and many others.
FuseFX was founded by David Altenau in 2006 and initially provided visual effects for a few network episodic productions. In 2008, Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter joined the company as partners and contributed to significant expansion, opening new offices in Burbank, and adding infrastructure and personnel to service multiple major episodic television programs as well as feature films and commercials. In 2014, FuseFX opened new offices in New York and Vancouver to service local clients in those markets, bringing on board Greg Anderson and Jon Cowley, respectively to head those operations and build teams dedicated to FuseFX’s mission to provide stellar visual effects.
As a philosophy, the principals at FuseFX believe that Visual Effects offer an amazing ability to go beyond the limits of what practical production can accomplish. We strive to work with our clients to create a vision and story that could not otherwise be accomplished without the tools and talents FuseFX offers.