FuseFX has an opening in Vancouver ! We have opportunities at our studio for an experienced and talented Recruitment Coordinator with a background in television and/or feature film VFX to join our creative team.
FuseFX is an Emmy-award winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television, and commercials.
A successful candidate will be required to assist in the management of the recruitment cycle from job postings and advertisements, managing incoming applications, head-hunting, networking, and seeking referrals. The role will be responsible for assisting in maintaining and growing our current network of artists and post-production professionals by proactively searching and continuously mapping out potential talent.
- Maintain and administer candidate updates in our applicant tracking system
- Respond and log email applications submitted to our studios
- Manage all company job postings
- Organize and schedule meetings and interviews by communicating with external candidates. This includes closing the recruitment process for each role.
- Send out daily interview reminders
- Assist in reviewing applications and flag those that meet position requirements
- Work directly with our Talent Managers to asses administrative recruiting needs
- Work with Talent Managers to prepare offers and extensions and enter into internal system
- Cultivate relationships with potential hires, monitoring availability for future recruiting needs
- Support Production Talent Manager in regular report maintenance
- Manage regular database audits to ensure accurate and up to date information
- Handle entries to internal approved vendor list
- Participate in recruitment/ networking events ensuring that FuseFX is represented positively
- Lead cultural initiatives with the rest of the HR and facilities teams.
- Assist Talent Manager and HR in special projects as requested
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
Traits of a successful FuseFX Recruitment Coordinator
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, Industrial relations, Psychology, Sociology, Communications, or a related field preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in Visual Effects, Animation, Production or Technical recruiting preferred but required.
- Demonstrates ability to build relationships both internally and externally with a customer-focused approach
- Pro-active with drive and determination to get things done positively and with enthusiasm
- Excellent attention to detail and pride in the quality of their work
- A self-starter with the ability to handle several projects at once with excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to cope under pressure in a changing environment
- Strong computer skills with proficiency working in Filemaker, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Please submit your application here: https://bit.ly/3gnFCb3
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
About FuseFX-BC Inc.
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that provides visual effects services for film, television, commercials, games, and special venues.
FuseFX has emerged as a leader in Visual Effects for episodic television, as well as increasing work on commercials and feature film productions. FuseFX has over 100 employees at their flagship office in Los Angeles, along with offices in New York City and Vancouver, Canada.
FuseFX BC was established in 2014 to serve Vancouver’s burgeoning film and television production community. Led by Jon Cowley, the team combines a boutique mindset with the industry’s most efficient pipeline and an ability to work seamlessly and nimbly as an extension of the company’s Los Angeles and New York studios. The results are visuals of outstanding quality and imagination, delivered on time and on budget.
FuseFX has developed a proprietary, highly efficient pipeline. This process differentiates the company from others in the business and allows for better quality control, faster turn around of shots, allows the artists to focus on the creativity of visual effects. The company has assembled a highly experienced team of artists, supervisors, and producers with a broad range of experience in all aspects of Visual Effects. The quality of the staff also differentiates FuseFX from its competitors.
Today, FuseFX’s three locations have over 30 television shows in production simultaneously, while also servicing various commercial and feature film projects. The company has exclusively provided Visual Effects for all the major studios, and on such productions as American Horror Story, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Criminal Minds, Sons of Anarchy, Bones, Mad Men, TURN, The Blacklist, The Magicians, and many others.
FuseFX was founded by David Altenau in 2006 and initially provided visual effects for a few network episodic productions. In 2008, Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter joined the company as partners and contributed to significant expansion, opening new offices in Burbank, and adding infrastructure and personnel to service multiple major episodic television programs as well as feature films and commercials. In 2014, FuseFX opened new offices in New York and Vancouver to service local clients in those markets, bringing on board Greg Anderson and Jon Cowley, respectively to head those operations and build teams dedicated to FuseFX’s mission to provide stellar visual effects.
As a philosophy, the principals at FuseFX believe that Visual Effects offer an amazing ability to go beyond the limits of what practical production can accomplish. We strive to work with our clients to create a vision and story that could not otherwise be accomplished without the tools and talents FuseFX offers.