FuseFX has an opening in Vancouver! We have an opportunity at our studio for an experienced and talented Network Administrator.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual and VR productions. Founded in 2006, the company employs 500+ personnel across seven studio locations: our flagship office in Los Angeles, CA, New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our offices in Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota, is serviced by FOLKS VFX. Folks joined the FuseFX family of brands in 2020
- Design and [CL1] Enhance FuseFX’s network environments at all locations
- Ensure that the network is secure, available, stable, efficient, and scalable
- Supports and[CL2] develops the definition, implementation and enforcement of technical architecture policy, procedures, and standards
- Configuration and[CL3] Maintenance of Firewalls, Networking Equipment (Switches, Firewalls, Access Points), AWS (Amazon Web Services) Networking Services, and Windows and Linux Server OS’s for network applications that require it
- Completing network projects from end to end
- Provides technical expertise and advice to systems professionals in support of the application environment as well as be an escalation point for other members of the team
- Troubleshoot any issues with third party telco providers (ISP, Dark Fiber, MPLS connections)
- Make recommendations on hardware purchases, stay up to date on upcoming renewals for warranty and support on networking hardware.
- Assist with non-network related IT projects ([CL4] [JR5] Projects will include server builds, application installs, etc.)
- Support with moving computers, servers and any other IT hardware when required
Traits of a successful Network Administrator:
- 2-5 Years’ experience in a Network Support/Administrator Role
- CCNA/N+ preferred or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Data Switches, Routers, Firewalls, VPN and Network Security
- Multi-vendor experience is a plus (Cisco, Dell, Brocade, Extreme)
- Experience coordinating resolution of technical and business problems while managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to communicate complex systems information clearly and concisely
- Understanding of business needs and translate needs into system solutions.
- Ability to use, develop and integrate new technologies
- Knowledge/experience on network monitoring applications
- Strong knowledge of systems and computer networks, along with familiarity with TCP/IP concepts, such as IP addressing schema, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, DNS, etc.
- Understanding and exposure to security tools such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, A/V, anti-spam, content management, server, and network device hardening, etc.
- Strong grasp of TCP/IP, routing, switching, internet protocols (e/iBGP, ISIS, OSFP and EIGRP), firewalls, VPNs, and load balancers. Firewall: S2S, C2S, DMVPN, MPLS
- Strong grasp of L1-7 issues with xSTP, link aggregation, ACL, NAT
- Knowledge of IP Addressing, subnetting, IPAM, DHCP
- Solid understanding of Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 and up, Centos 7/8, and VMware vSphere/ESXi
- Experience in the Animation/VFX/Media and Entertainment industry is a plus
- Excellent communications skills – Verbal and Written
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Available for after-hour work if/when required and subject to reasonable business travel.
Please submit your application here: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WZR3W6&cws=37&rid=391
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
About FuseFX-BC Inc.
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that provides visual effects services for film, television, commercials, games, and special venues.
FuseFX has emerged as a leader in Visual Effects for episodic television, as well as increasing work on commercials and feature film productions. FuseFX has over 100 employees at their flagship office in Los Angeles, along with offices in New York City and Vancouver, Canada.
FuseFX BC was established in 2014 to serve Vancouver’s burgeoning film and television production community. Led by Jon Cowley, the team combines a boutique mindset with the industry’s most efficient pipeline and an ability to work seamlessly and nimbly as an extension of the company’s Los Angeles and New York studios. The results are visuals of outstanding quality and imagination, delivered on time and on budget.
FuseFX has developed a proprietary, highly efficient pipeline. This process differentiates the company from others in the business and allows for better quality control, faster turn around of shots, allows the artists to focus on the creativity of visual effects. The company has assembled a highly experienced team of artists, supervisors, and producers with a broad range of experience in all aspects of Visual Effects. The quality of the staff also differentiates FuseFX from its competitors.
Today, FuseFX’s three locations have over 30 television shows in production simultaneously, while also servicing various commercial and feature film projects. The company has exclusively provided Visual Effects for all the major studios, and on such productions as American Horror Story, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Criminal Minds, Sons of Anarchy, Bones, Mad Men, TURN, The Blacklist, The Magicians, and many others.
FuseFX was founded by David Altenau in 2006 and initially provided visual effects for a few network episodic productions. In 2008, Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter joined the company as partners and contributed to significant expansion, opening new offices in Burbank, and adding infrastructure and personnel to service multiple major episodic television programs as well as feature films and commercials. In 2014, FuseFX opened new offices in New York and Vancouver to service local clients in those markets, bringing on board Greg Anderson and Jon Cowley, respectively to head those operations and build teams dedicated to FuseFX’s mission to provide stellar visual effects.
As a philosophy, the principals at FuseFX believe that Visual Effects offer an amazing ability to go beyond the limits of what practical production can accomplish. We strive to work with our clients to create a vision and story that could not otherwise be accomplished without the tools and talents FuseFX offers.