Encore Vancouver is actively seeking a Dailies Operator to join us for work on a feature film, starting in February.
Reporting to the Night Operations Manager and Director of Operations, the Mobilabs / Dailies Operator is responsible for the creation of dailies in any of our syncing suites.
- Syncing camera masters with their audio
- Applying LUTs and CDL accurately according to Production notes
- Providing ALE or other database files and accurate tape notes for all events in the session and building the notes package that will be sent to the client
- Generating editorial media
- Generating viewing media (ex. QT’s and DVD’s)
- Uploading/transmission of all media created in the session as per project specific requirements
Related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Good customer service skills
- Strong ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Mac OSX and Windows operating systems
- Ability to troubleshoot problems effectively
- Demonstrated competence and understanding of video standards, file formats and technical documents
- Able to discern small details in video and audio
- Ability to remain focused for extended periods of time on detail-oriented tasks
- Flexibility to different shifts may be required
This is a term position requiring rotating shift work including night time and graveyard shifts. Overtime may be required.
To apply, please e-mail millie.cox [at] methodstudios.com with your résumé and your current or upcoming availability with subject line “Dailies Operator” and your name, as in: “Dailies Operator – John Smith”. We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.