THE LOW DOWN
East Side Games is looking for a success-driven, financial leader to join our team as a Controller. You (yes, you!) will contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks. Not only do you love all things financial, but you’re an expert that oversees financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis while continuously driving all financial processes and systems. You are an expert in processes and will strengthen financial control to facilitate sound decisions.
This opportunity is open to a flexible or modified work schedule to fit the needs of our preferred candidate!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Managing or handling government type funding, such as; SR&ED, & BCIDMTC for the studio while researching for additional tax break opportunities.
- Plan & administer various accounting systems & prepare financial information for various individuals & departments within the studio.
- Prepare reports on audit findings & make strategic recommendations for improving the studio’s accounting & management practices.
- Develop & maintain cost finding, reporting & internal control procedures.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly product consolidated reports
- Create various ROI scenarios for new initiatives.
- Prepare operating expense forecasts, budgets, variance analysis, & ad hoc financial information as required.
*** Duties & responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- A university degree or college diploma in Accounting or equivalent.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA-CA/CMA/CGA).
- 5+ years proven experience in a Controller role or equivalent in tech &/or entertainment field.
- Must be able to hustle & able to deal with changing priorities.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, & task management skills.
- A passion for games in the casual/mobile space!
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with SR&ED in the high-tech sector.
- Interest or personal involvement in activities related to the products that our studio makes!
About East Side Games
East Side Games is home to a dedicated, collaborative team with a passion for crafting quirky, highly creative social and mobile games. If you are looking for an innovative, fast-paced environment where your work makes a difference, we'd like to talk to you.
Whether you've stumbled upon our glorious portal via job postings out in the interwebs, or you've rubbed shoulders with an ESGer out there in the wild (usually near an open-bar), you've come to the right place to stake your claim on the beginnings of a new career at one of Vancouver's most darling studios.