Environment TDs at Double Negative are passionate about problem solving and collaboration. In joining our dynamic team of multi-talented artists, you will be able to utilise and develop your diverse skillset. Our artists develop efficient methodologies and workflows for producing cutting edge environments on the highest calibre feature film projects.
Environment TDs should have a range of skills in 3D and 2.5D. Your work may include modelling, texturing, look development, lighting, and re-projection, and requires you to make smart creative and technical decisions on a day-to-day basis.
· Thorough understanding of 3D and 2.5D VFX processes and production pipelines
· Strong working knowledge of a range of VFX industry software
· Experience modelling, texturing, layout, lighting and digital matte painting
· Good understanding of compositing
· Experience working with shoot data including photographic and reference data, HDRIs, photogrammetry and Lidar
· Experience developing concept art into photo-real environments
· Experience with procedural city generation and scattering tools an advantage
· Strong knowledge and understanding of the natural world (geology, geography and meteorology) and architecture (design and engineering)
Nice to Have
· Knowledge of Clarisse
· Knowledge of Maya, Mari, Nuke
· Passionate about film
· Creative problem solver with keen attention to detail
· Good collaborator and communicator
· Pro-active and self directed, organised
· Able to take direction
· Able to deliver under pressure
Double Negative are a multi-award winning, ground-breaking and long-established VFX post-production house, producing cutting-edge VFX, and is now one of the world’s largest providers of visual effects for Film and TV with facilities in London, Mumbai, Vancouver and Los Angeles.
About Double Negative
Multi-award-winning Double Negative (Dneg) is one of the world's leading providers of visual effects for Film with facilities in Vancouver, London, Mumbai, Chennai and L.A. Over the past 12 months, Double Negative has completed work on shows including Wonder Woman, Dunkirk, Life and Baby Driver. Shows currently in production include Pacific Rim: Uprising, Blade Runner 2049, Deadpool 2 and Meg.