The Production Coordinator is the central “connector” between artists, tasks, supervision. Primarily focused on scheduling, communication, and coordination for artists. Reports to Producer and Production Manager, while working with show leadership to keep things operating in an organized and efficient manner. Coordinators are significant points of information on the show as well as the company and need to be able to balance multiple needs, projects, and tasks at the same time.
- Work closely with supervisors and/or leads in organizing and tasking a body of work, keeping in mind the overall show schedule, client reviews, bids, and other needs.
- Establish a process for regularly communicating targets, assignments, and priorities to your artist crew, as well as the overall show crew.
- Schedule, track, and manage assigned work and partner with the Production Manager to display information in a physical form (magnet boards / conference rooms) to give visibility to the team.
- Check in with artists on a regular basis regarding workload, targets, needs, etc
- Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external (client) deadlines.
- Send and receive materials to and from the client, including turnover packages, and takes for review
- Send and receive materials to and from external vendors
- Set up turnovers with crew. Communicate turnover information to all artists assigned to asset(s) or shot(s).
- Track client needs, reviews, and deliveries to make sure your artists hit their targets.
- Keep a weekly synopsis of your team’s accomplishments and next steps.
- Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Provide updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots at any given moment.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to leadership team(s) to reach solutions quickly.
- Act as primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of your Supe/Lead. Take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and broadcast via production tracking software and/or email.
- Technical ability and knowledge required to run Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings.
- Conference room, View-station and basic technical setup and troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues).
- Prioritization and escalation of technical support issues.
- Ability to learn basic commands and workflows required to assist artists in file organization, submitting shots and QC-ing movies.
- Assist with company wide event coordination and miscellaneous office administrative tasks
- Perform special projects as needed.
- High level of problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Strong teamwork and interdisciplinary thinking.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Art, Drama or related field or equivalent work experience required.
2 years work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
- Proficiency with PCs and Macs, software including Microsoft Word and Excel; MS Project or other Project management software a plus.
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time.
- Majority in-studio work, with potential for a portion of remote work
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills.
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities, and work within tight timelines.
- Shotgun software experience a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A fun, creative and collaborative environment
- Learn from the best in the biz
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Hybrid workplace
- Commitment to COVID-19 Safety
About Distillery VFX
Distillery VFX is a full-service boutique visual effects studio in Vancouver, BC, Canada, and an ensemble of experienced compositors and 3D generalists focused on delivering high-end environment and compositing work. Our namesake is derived from our team’s deepest core value: to refine our processes and workflows to their purest and most efficient forms.