The Compositing Supervisor combines rendered images and elements quickly and elegantly to create beautiful, original, photo-real images for feature film, TV, and cinematic projects.
- Collaborate with VFX Supervisors and 2D artists to create high-quality digital composites and visual effects, seamlessly integrating all elements into a shot.
- Lead and mentor 2D artists to produce work quickly under tight production timelines.
- Communicate visual aspects to the team with a clear creative brief and a keen eye for detail.
- Provide support in production bidding, project management, balancing quality with time constraints.
- Full shot compositing including keying, paint and roto when required.
- Meet defined milestones within a timeline by attending dailies and participating in creative problem solving.
- High level of problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and leverage new software.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Strong teamwork and interdisciplinary thinking.
- Keen artistic eye.
Education & Experience:
- Highly experienced with Nuke. Knowledge of other compositing, finishing & editorial tools a plus.
- Strong knowledge of compositing workflows and other aspects of post-production.
- Strong knowledge and ability in perspective, photography, and physics of light and motion.
- Artistic ability in one or more traditional mediums (impressive portfolio of figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc.) a plus.
- CG experience a plus.
- Comparable software experience considered.
- At least three years of relevant professional tv/film experience.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A fun, creative and collaborative environment
- Learn from the best in the biz
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Hybrid workplace
- Commitment to COVID-19 Safety
Demo Reel required, please link in your CV/resume or response.
About Distillery VFX
Distillery VFX is a full-service boutique visual effects studio in Vancouver, BC, Canada, and an ensemble of experienced compositors and 3D generalists focused on delivering high-end environment and compositing work. Our namesake is derived from our team’s deepest core value: to refine our processes and workflows to their purest and most efficient forms.