Purpose of the job:
The FX Lead will oversee and provide continuity for a team of FX artists who will be designing and
implementing a variety of fx elements ranging from particle simulations and fluid solves to rigid body
dynamics and other fx techniques.
• Lead an FX crew to deliver per the productions goals and expectations.
• Work within the show structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks
• Follow direction from the CG Supervisor/FX Supervisor
• Provide guidance and mentorship to FX Artists; support technical questions of others
• Design and create images, elements and effects; Multi-task over multiple shots
• Assist with scripting and providing support and documentation for tools created
• Develop new FX systems and use previously developed FX systems
• Work with a range of departments to achieve production goals
• Stay informed of current FX-related technologies and implement them effectively
Education and/or Experience Required:
• 6 + years experience in photo-real simulations of natural phenomenon, particle systems,
procedural modeling, procedural animation, hard and soft body dynamics etc.
• Solid understanding of Houdini and VEX, HOM and hscript
• Experience with high-end 3D software – Houdini required, Maya a plus
• Must have strong visual and technical skills
• Work collaboratively in a production environment
• Experience writing scripts (hscript, Python) and/or programming required.
• Strong familiarity with Linux
• An understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
• Previous experience in a leadership role preferred.
About Digital Domain
To apply for this position submit an application at: