Purpose of the job:
The Layout Technical Director works with peers and supervisors to support and extend our layout toolset –
including multiple uis, scene graph, and deferred rendering infrastructure – used by multiple departments to
facilitate working at scale. The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm
understanding of 3d principles, software and ui design, graphics, and production workflow.
● Provide support for artists and supervisors using the internal Layout Toolset.
● Maintain and extend the Layout Toolset using a combination of Python, Qt, and Dcc Apis.
● Integrate new tools into Digital Domain’s existing pipeline, using a combination of Python, and the
● Work with Peers, as well as Show and Facility Leadership to customize the toolset and workflow for a
given project, while maximizing the reusability of the work.
● Craft and update documentation for tools, techniques and workflows
● Remain informed of current technologies in the Technical Director’s field(s) of expertise
Education and/or Experience Required:
● 3+ years experience as a Technical Director for Commercials and/or Feature Films.
● Expertise with Maya, including Maya’s Python APis.
● Expertise in authoring and maintaining Guis in Python using Pyside/PyQt
● Experience debugging complex production workflows
● Experience with other DCCs and their apis, including Houdini and Nuke a Plus
● Experience with C++ a plus
● Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
About Digital Domain
To apply for this position submit an application at: