Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for experienced Storyboard Artists to join our team!
Come join the ranks of epic Storyboard Artists that have passed through our studio doors! We are searching for inspired artists with a keen eye for composition, a strong sense of story, and mad drawing skills!
As a Storyboard Artist, you’ll be collaborating with the Director and Storyboard department to conceptualize the story and create the visual blueprint for the entire production. This is your chance to set the scene for one of our brand new 2D Flash productions!
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Collaborate with the Director and Storyboard team to create high-quality, dynamic storyboard panels
- Study scripts to determine artistic interpretation and design boards in conjunction with the Supervising Director/Producer
- Be aware of the show’s continuity, and ensure the style and quality of the production is consistently met in board work
- Communicate progress or issues with Directors, Storyboard Supervisor and Production to ensure all deadlines are met
- Consult with Director to approve the final storyboard panels and make revisions as needed
- Communicate ideas effectively and recommend solutions to help interpret the script visually
- Assist in mentoring and supporting other Storyboard Artists and Revisionists
- Maximize the re-use of assets with minor changes when the production schedule calls for it
- Assist with and complete production-related assignments
- Keep current on storyboarding techniques and technology
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Storyboard Artist on an animated series
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation school
- Ability to work digitally (Cintiq with Sketchbook, Photoshop or Flash, etc.)
- Experience and familiarity with 2D Animation pipeline
- Strong drawing skills and sense of design, character and composition
- Strong sense of acting and timing
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Creative problem solving skills
BONUS POINTS IF YOU…
- Are known for both your drawing skills and your sense of humour!
WHY WORK AT DHX MEDIA:
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.