Want to make awesome cartoons with amazingly talented teams in a cool new studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Previs Lead to join our team!
As a Previs Lead on Mega Man you will get to interpret storyboards and realize them into the 3D environment by establishing camera blocking, composition and lens choice. You will work closely with the team to create balanced solutions and ensure that all sequences are delivered on time.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Create 3D visualizations of storyboard animatics
- Establish camera blocking, composition and lens choice
- Work with the Director to provide coverage options
- Proactively identify possible creative / technical problems with shots
- Ensure the previs team is productive by answering questions that arise
- Train, mentor, and motivate new Previs Artists who are placed on the crew
- Assist previs team in execution of camera lensing and staging, composition and blocking of scenes from storyboard animatics
- Complete assigned sequences within scheduled timeframe
- Ensure shot continuity
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues with assistance from CG Supervisor
- Assist /guide Previs Artists in the organization of their assignments
- Keep current on previs techniques and technology
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 3+ years of experience in animation or film industry
- Experience in Maya essential
- Degree/diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience an asset
- Ability to interpret storyboards and realize them in a 3D environment
- Firm understanding of cameras, staging, composition, perspective, pacing, timing and cinematography concepts in animation context
- Basic modeling and rigging is an asset
- Ability to clearly communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
BONUS POINTS IF YOU…
- Have experience mentoring other artists
- Are a die-hard Mega Man fan
WHY WORK AT DHX MEDIA:
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted
About DHX Media
At DHX Studios, we put creativity first! Built and based in Canada with studios coast to coast, DHX Studios is a global leader in the creation of kids and family entertainment.